The VUE

Tim3167

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shoot, on that note, I'd be more worried about how 55W will hold up. I'd say use Waverly as a barometer... it's got those bright colors and all.

The Waverly was just repainted last year (at age 5). And will be repainted in another 5 years as well. (to my dismay, the same color scheme was used, was hoping for a change (at least on the seafoam green), perhaps next go around.

Yep it will discolor; but you can say that about Sanctuary, Star, Paramount, 55W etc. etc. etc. ... and even TT if it gets built. So, why single out the Vue?

Yeah, but discolored white is a lot more noticeable than other colors. Would you rather spill spaghetti sauce on a white shirt or a red shirt?

Isn't the paint that was used on the library garage mural a special formula that can withstand Florida's sun up to 10-15 years? I thought it was the same paint that Disney uses on some of their projects (Epcot).

whatever that is, I need it to paint the windows on my parents' house... yet again...

If anybody way high up on the food chain in the developers office of The Vue is reading this: Please find a way to make the north spine of your building light up at night. Just because Turner blew your budget doesn't mean the residents of Orlando should have to suffer with some mediocre lighting scheme.

If anybody way high up on the food chain in the developers office of The Vue is reading this: Please find a way to make the north spine of your building light up at night. Just because Turner blew your budget doesn't mean the residents of Orlando should have to suffer with some mediocre lighting scheme.

I second the request!

They were running the emergency broadcast / fire drill system this morning. I could hear it clearly from a block away.

I remember a few years back when I was in CNL I shortly after opening. They did fire alarm testing without telling any of the tenants. That was a fun morning. Needless to say, we vacated quickly.

My apologies, but I can't remember who originally posted these-- are they from Turner? from the Vue website?

Anyway, whoever did, can you get an updated shot?

I am the one that posted that picture. I'm waiting for Dynetech to reach its final height before going back up to my unit to see the final view and take some more shots. Only a few more floors to go, so hopefully I'll have an updated shot soon. :-)

---------------------------

http://www.giovannisalvatore.com

They have been working on the fountain/entranceway the past few days. Laying brick in a solar-like pattern around the fountain with lines of concrete to form. Looks like marble on the tops of each level of the fountain. I think a mosaic of small tiles would be awesome on the sides of the fountain, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

O'tive, we have the horses fountain with marble in metrowest. They finally installed those damn horses statues about a month ago. Looking nice.

I wouldnt mind to have a fountain like this downtown. Just dont put benches for the homeless to sleep there.

482401306_fa86268d9e.jpg

Talk about fountain, I always see people throwing detergent into the fountain to make a bubble mess back when in Gainesville. It is like a weekly thing. Here in Otown, I only saw it twice since I lived in Orlando for almost 5 years.

Archived