The VUE

Tim3167

Their too busy counting safe working hours, which by the way is a crock of you know what. They are a CM company, they have no field workers. On top of that they work 24 hour shifts so people are always on the clock.

Obviously that sign has been bothering me :P

Onative your were righton with ur assessment of Turner.B&G is like the Mercedes and Turner is the Kia what a difference in construction companies.B&G is first class and gets it done!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Turner is really slow but why are there still alot of plywood exposed on this building

Type of construction maybe.

I am sure the interior is moving along fine. Seemed that way when I was last in there.

All that plywood on the lakeside is for the buckhoist fronts, which means that the elevators are probably not working yet. As soon as the elevators go I would assume one if not both of those buckhoists would come off and there would be a lot less plywood. Unfortunately in hi-rise construction vertical transportation is a challenge and the buckhoists are a necessary evil (i.e. a lot of plywood)

True, but there's still a fair amount of plywood on the north/south faces of the building and at the penthouse levels.

I agree but the buckhoists really make it look really bad, once those begin to come off it will make a huge difference.

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/stories...70&hbx=e_du

Separately, Highwoods acquired 0.8 acres of development land adjacent to Eola Park Centre for $2 million that is entitled for the development of an office building of up to 224,000 square feet.

From what I can see its the lot to the East (224 E Robinson) of the existing building, not to the south, I was scared for The Vue for a second.

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/stories...70&hbx=e_du

Separately, Highwoods acquired 0.8 acres of development land adjacent to Eola Park Centre for $2 million that is entitled for the development of an office building of up to 224,000 square feet.

From what I can see its the lot to the East (224 E Robinson) of the existing building, not to the south, I was scared for The Vue for a second.

Darryl,

i am happy to hear that. I was also scared for my future residence.

If I were you, I would not count on those views forever.

I don't; but i also dont plan on living there forever either. Also i decided i wanted the west view of the city but Dynetech blocked that already from what it looks like. Either way i will be happy to be a resident and being part of the great downtown that it will become.

I don't; but i also dont plan on living there forever either. Also i decided i wanted the west view of the city but Dynetech blocked that already from what it looks like. Either way i will be happy to be a resident and being part of the great downtown that it will become.

I have a 2-story loft with a west view next to the northwest corner of the building, so I can sell you that one if you really want it

Darryl,

i am happy to hear that. I was also scared for my future residence.

Actually the article in the paper refers to the property to the South, I guess where the parking lot is now, possibly having a 30 story tower in the future.

That's why 217 N. Eola is my favorite project for the views. They will have a permanant unobstructed view of the park and skyline. They will also have a sunset view over the park.

That's why 217 N. Eola is my favorite project for the views. They will have a permanant unobstructed view of the park and skyline. They will also have a sunset view over the park.

It will probably have the best views for those living there but will be the biggest eye-sore for those that don't. It doesn't fit in the block ... its design is yuk ... and it blocks the early sun shine in the park.

It will probably have the best views for those living there but will be the biggest eye-sore for those that don't. It doesn't fit in the block ... its design is yuk ... and it blocks the early sun shine in the park.

Yep, I agree. I would like to see a more classic designed building, or art deco, But the view from it will be the best.

I thought the article in the paper was referring to the land south of the parking lot... whcih I thought was part of the park. The parking lot is part of the Eola Park Center and the land to the south of that is owned by the city. So what sits on the piece of land to the east and south of the Eola Park Center as referrenced by this article. Does anyone know?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/or...0,7904634.story

You're right that it doesn't fit in with the block right now, but 5 years from now, I'm sure there will be redevelopment plans for just about every lot on that block.

I thought the article in the paper was referring to the land south of the parking lot... whcih I thought was part of the park. The parking lot is part of the Eola Park Center and the land to the south of that is owned by the city. So what sits on the piece of land to the east and south of the Eola Park Center as referrenced by this article. Does anyone know?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/or...0,7904634.story

If you at the corner of Robinson and Rosalind, Eola Park Centre has 2 parking lots( it is actually 1 lot but looks like 2) on the lot. Those 2 lots can accomodate 2 buildings.

Archived