The VUE

Tim3167

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, I am still hoping that I will be able to see a TINY bit of the southern downtown buidllings from my windows once Dynetech is at its full height. I am the very excited, pre-owner of the southwest penthouse. Attached are a few pictures that I took up there about 5 weeks ago. Dynetech has come a long way since those pictures were taken, however as you can see it is RIGHT in the way! Haha. That's okay though as the views in all the other directions are wonderful and Dynetech isn't a bad building to look at anyway. I'll wait a couple more months for Dynetech to reach its last story and then hold my breath and take another trip up to see what my new view will be like. :-) http://www.giovannisalvatore.com

post-17664-1180025217_thumb.jpg

post-17664-1180025223_thumb.jpg

post-17664-1180025228_thumb.jpg

Yea, I am still hoping that I will be able to see a TINY bit of the southern downtown buidllings from my windows once Dynetech is at its full height. I am the very excited, pre-owner of the southwest penthouse. Attached are a few pictures that I took up there about 5 weeks ago. Dynetech has come a long way since those pictures were taken, however as you can see it is RIGHT in the way! Haha. That's okay though as the views in all the other directions are wonderful and Dynetech isn't a bad building to look at anyway. I'll wait a couple more months for Dynetech to reach its last story and then hold my breath and take another trip up to see what my new view will be like. :-) http://www.giovannisalvatore.com

Wow, i have to say that is impressive, i do have a couple questions though, did you get the overflowing bathtub in the master bathroom, and do you have access to the rooftop sundecks, with the summer kitchens? And Also did they give you choices as to what you could put in the condo as far as floors and countertops and stuff, b/c i know when i went to look at the sales center she told me each unit had a standard item for everything and there wouldnt be any different products picked by owners, and she assured me that i would like everything she picked out to go into the unit. I was like if i am paying that much i want some choices, lol.

Oops, looks like someone forgot the expansion joint on the exterior curtainwall. When they do the punch list I would make special notes for Turner. If you have issue with any items come time to punch out the unit PM me. I have a feeling that you are going to have an extensive list of warranty issues

Edit: exposed slabs on ceiling

index7c7f18qf8.jpg

I've been noticing lately that The Plaza complex doesn't look nearly as good from the air as it does from the ground, especially at this unflattering angle. It makes you notice how large the parking garage pedestal really is.

Wow, i have to say that is impressive, i do have a couple questions though, did you get the overflowing bathtub in the master bathroom, and do you have access to the rooftop sundecks, with the summer kitchens? And Also did they give you choices as to what you could put in the condo as far as floors and countertops and stuff, b/c i know when i went to look at the sales center she told me each unit had a standard item for everything and there wouldnt be any different products picked by owners, and she assured me that i would like everything she picked out to go into the unit. I was like if i am paying that much i want some choices, lol.

Yep, I have the overflow bathtub, and I also have the entire southwest corner of the rooftop with a half bath up there. I plan to put a jacuzzi up there as well and already checked that it would be allowed. As far as the choices - I was able to change a few things on this unit only because it was a penthouse and because I purchased 2 other units as well (26th and 30th floor). I was not able to make any changes to those units though but I actually did not want to as I was happy with those color schemes. I'm also a realtor and brought them several buyers already, and I can tell you that those types of things are decided on a case-by-case basis. But as a general rule, no changes can be made at this point since they are already so far into the construction timetable and most items have already been ordered for all of the units. I have some other pictures of the rooftop which I can post if you have any interest in seeing it. And to respond to someone else's comments... yes, I can't wait to have some parties!! :-)

---------------------------------

http://www.giovannisalvatore.com

index7c7f18qf8.jpg

I've been noticing lately that The Plaza complex doesn't look nearly as good from the air as it does from the ground, especially at this unflattering angle. It makes you notice how large the parking garage pedestal really is.

I didn't want to say anything, but I gotta agree. this is PTP's worst angle--- and it's the most exposed angle... what bum luck. the church and magnolia corner is so superior to this one, yet this is the one that's visible. Kuhn is so cheap-- leaving the garage walls exposed instead of clad with precast.

The Vue is officially a disaster. Someone from out-of-town is going to see this building and think we recently had a hurricane ... or two.

funny you should say that. I had visitors from out of town recently who thought The Vue was a 1960s era high-rise under rennovation. :o

The Vue is officially a disaster. Someone from out-of-town is going to see this building and think we recently had a hurricane ... or two.

I dunno...Given the number and size of the windows, the building might look quite impressive when lit up at night...

I didn't want to say anything, but I gotta agree. this is PTP's worst angle--- and it's the most exposed angle... what bum luck. the church and magnolia corner is so superior to this one, yet this is the one that's visible. Kuhn is so cheap-- leaving the garage walls exposed instead of clad with precast.

It's called capitalism...why would anyone invest more than necessary with no added return? If you're going to blame someone, blame the city for not having higher design standards.

It's called capitalism...why would anyone invest more than necessary with no added return? If you're going to blame someone, blame the city for not having higher design standards.

don't shoot the messenger.

I understand why he didn't do it. but it doesn't mean I have to like it. and capitalism doesn't excuse it either. I blame him and the City. I just don't understand how they can allow a 10 story unclad garage to exist in the CBD's largest project.

I'm surprised Wood Partners hasn't complained that it makes their bldg. look like crap. the garage is technically PTP, and not the Solaire's.

as for the City's design standards, hmmm... Baker of everyone's fav architectural firm is on the Board. how convenient for BBArch.

Archived