The VUE

Tim3167

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last night, before those death clouds made it thru downtown, I looked up at the Vue on Rosalind and noticed-- unless it was a mirage, that the south face of the parapet is lined with white neon (as well as the skylight cutouts. didn't see anything along the eastern edge.-- At first I thought it was a reflection from the sun, but, there was no sun b/c of the clouds. can someone confirm this?

I'm not as big a fan of the Vue's design now as I was before and during its construction. It still looks like it'd be a great building to live in (especially those lofts) but I'm just finding it to be terribly bland for one of Orlando's tallest-- put it in Miami and you wouldn't even notice it.

I'm not as big a fan of the Vue's design now as I was before and during its construction. It still looks like it'd be a great building to live in (especially those lofts) but I'm just finding it to be terribly bland for one of Orlando's tallest-- put it in Miami and you wouldn't even notice it.

yeah, but what bldg. in Miami does stand out among the rest? ESP? BOA? Wachovia b/c of it's height? Ten Mus. Park? Four Seasons b/c of its height? everything else there is bland. even 900 Biscayne and marina Blue-- only their heights give them identity. Continuum is nice.Everglades is nice... shoot, all of those bldgs. are nice, but there's only a handful that really stand out--- whether it's Miami or most any other city.

Vue is an awesome tower b/c of the intricacy of the details of it's design... but you are right, it would just blend in in Miami.

I am happy that as of yet, Orlando hasn't adopted that cookie cutter "Florida" style for highrises. Clearly the inland location of downtown has aided Orlando in developing a more unique identity of skyscrapers in this boom than any other city in the state (despite height).

I find Solaire much more bland than the Vue.

Don't even get me started on Solaire...

My point is that The Vue is a cookie cutter "Florida" style highrise. It just stands out in Orlando because it's one of the tallest buildings in the city and it has a beachfront style about it, only it's inland.

I honestly think that the construction Dynetech, a pretty unique and atypical Florida building, has brought it to my attention that The Vue might not be as impressive a building as I thought it was going tobe.

Solaire is totally bland but dissimilar to anything we have, every detail or lack there of can be seen from a distance with the exception of the tile work leading into the entrance. However I consider The Vue a reverse Monet. It from what I can see really looks like 4 triangles blended into a single rectangle. It also has really nice details at a street level and something def. has to be said about the color of glass. Just beautiful in my opinion. I, yes am a fan of this building and love its style and little things that make it unique. However I do loathe 111 N. Orange.

I hope the lighting is as dramatic in person as it looks in the photos.

The lighting isn't quite what I expected. You would think that the lighting at the top would stand out more with the rest of the tower dark, which it currently is. I think it will be even less dramatic when the whole building is occupied and lit up. Maybe when the occupants of the penthouses turn their lights on it will look better.

^^

I really don't like Solaire. I have tried so hard to. I do like it's night-time exterior lighting, though and the fact that it fills the skyline, but that's about it. funny, it's Buckhead counterpart looks much nicer-- esp at the base (obviously).

I can't get into the Vue. I drive past it every morning and just wonder how it's gonna look in 10 years when nature starts to discolor it a little.

Not a fan of the design at all.

shoot, on that note, I'd be more worried about how 55W will hold up. I'd say use Waverly as a barometer... it's got those bright colors and all.

^^

worst case scenarrio is that the sun will sun bleach the white, white.

bird crap, dust, rust (stains dripping from the balconies), and everyone's favorite mildew

but it will just keep getting painted just like the old condo tower at eola and central, which by the way has even more white paint on it (at least per sf)

I can't get into the Vue. I drive past it every morning and just wonder how it's gonna look in 10 years when nature starts to discolor it a little.

Yep it will discolor; but you can say that about Sanctuary, Star, Paramount, 55W etc. etc. etc. ... and even TT if it gets built. So, why single out the Vue?

Archived