The VUE

Tim3167

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just walked by and the fountain now has a blue and white mosaic of tiles around the fountain. That was nice. I asked for it the other day and got it.

thanks bulldogger!

can you ask for some prime retail for downtown now. :rolleyes:

(or at least an operator for our movie theater!)

I would like to see AMC downtown. They are my favorite movie chain.

New on the Vue...

they have added palm trees to the entranceway and frosted glass over the main entrance revolving doorway. Since the same type of steel structure is in place at the bottom of Dynetech, I would think they will do something similar (with regards to glass).

If anyone can see... I heard the pool, petpark, tennis court, and healthclub are completed.

Yep, they are. I was up at Manuel's on the 28th last night (restaraunt on top of the BOA building) for a party and could clearly see they were done.

They have the lights on in the townhouses and it shows this building was clearly designed to be seen at night. I think lots of the Vue Haters might change their mind when this thing is finished and lit up at night. They also raised the black tarps on the railing so you can't see into the lobby as well as you could.

This thing just took a turn for the positive.

I wish I had a video camera, because the stairwell on the north side of the building is lit up at night... it starts off blue and changes to green and back to blue again. If you happen to be heading on I-4 WB, check it out at night. I saw it from ground level just now and it looks tight.

This thing just took a turn for the positive.

I wish I had a video camera, because the stairwell on the north side of the building is lit up at night... it starts off blue and changes to green and back to blue again. If you happen to be heading on I-4 WB, check it out at night. I saw it from ground level just now and it looks tight.

Damn, I was hoping to be the first to post about this! I just happened to be walking by a window at work with a dead-on view of the Vue and noticed blue lights and said to myself, "I thought they took the blue film off the windows," and didn't think anything of it until I walked by the window again and saw that the entire length of the building was green. It's been a long day at the office, but I knew I wasn't going that crazy. On the way home I had to drive by to see how this thing was lit up. Each landing of the stairwell has six large LEDs that oscillate between blue and green. I'd say the entire cycle lasted maybe 1-2 seconds. The south face was normal, but I couldn't tell if there is the same potential on that side.

As lighting schemes go, this one was totally unexpected, and with Dynatech toying with a light strip on it's west face, it looks like we're in for quite a light show on the skyline. It won't be like Hong Kong, but it's something. Now I wonder if they plan to light up the Eola side of the Vue somehow since that's the most public view of the building. They could program the lights to do all sorts of cool stuff for the holidays and 4th of July. Anyway, as far a residential towers go, I think the Vue just stole whatever sexy was left from The Waverly.

On the northeast corner of this building you will notice that there is a lightpost that is about a foot away from the building. This will surely be an annoyance to the person living in that particular unit. Does anyone know if the city plans on taking it down? or what the Developer is planning on doing about this?

On the northeast corner of this building you will notice that there is a lightpost that is about a foot away from the building. This will surely be an annoyance to the person living in that particular unit. Does anyone know if the city plans on taking it down? or what the Developer is planning on doing about this?

You can really see it in the video. But its part of the traffic light walk signal. I don't know if they plan on doing much of anything about it. You can't just remove it without replacing the walk signal.

Archived