Haywood Mall Retail

gs3

Noticed today that Haywood has the "leave your car and have it washed while you shop" service. How new is this? Haven't noticed this before. Nice to see. I've always enjoyed this service in larger cities.

Edited by gsupstate

• 1 month later...

Anybody else been in Tea Junction? I thought it was a chain, but learned this is their first store (with plans to open more and/or franchise). Very well done. Very corporate. A more hip and edgy version of Teavana. Cool addition to the mall. :good:

Is Tea Junction something we could eventually see downtown? I have to wonder if they can improve upon what O-CHA was trying to do, and ultimately be successful.

Is Tea Junction something we could eventually see downtown? I have to wonder if they can improve upon what O-CHA was trying to do, and ultimately be successful.

Could definitely see them downtown. :thumbsup: They would need to expand the format a little to become a "teahouse". At the moment they are more a purveyor of loose teas and tea accessories. Store takes a very holistic, somewhat healthy/medical approach.

• 10 months later...

Hadn't been in Macy's in several weeks, and was shocked to see last night, that the store is going through a remodel. Very good to see, as the store was tired. Going away is the old wood parkay flooring that has been there since Rich's opened in the 80's. In it's place, new white granite. New carpet. New wall treatments. New fitting rooms. New ceiling. etc. They currently have center core on level one closed off and are working on that area, as well as a large area of mens on level two. In talking with one of the area managers, the remodel will take about a year, as they move from area to area. Nice to see this reinvestment. :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...

Hadn't been in Macy's in several weeks, and was shocked to see last night, that the store is going through a remodel. Very good to see, as the store was tired. Going away is the old wood parkay flooring that has been there since Rich's opened in the 80's. In it's place, new white granite. New carpet. New wall treatments. New fitting rooms. New ceiling. etc. They currently have center core on level one closed off and are working on that area, as well as a large area of mens on level two. In talking with one of the area managers, the remodel will take about a year, as they move from area to area. Nice to see this reinvestment. :thumbsup:

I went to Macy's a couple days after you did. I am very glad that they are renovating because it looked old. Today, the center core is open again and the wood floor is only from center core and close to the Haywood Rd. entrance. most of the ceiling has been replaced. It looks as if the upper level is almost done. The fitting rooms are also done. I don't like their skinny escelators. I don't think it will take 1 year after all.

Edited by ct36

• 1 month later...

I went to Haywood today. The Macy's renovation is almost complete. The whole store looks complete except they have the area between the Haywood Road Entrance to the middle of the store on the lower level. At Belk: I actually saw some cologne on sale. Do they actually ever put cologne on sale? Is it me or is the mall actually that small because there is only three stores from the center court (Body Shop, Victoria's Secret & Banana Republic) to the end of the mall. I guess it could just be that the Victoria's Secret is very large.

I think it would be cool if Haywood added a third level to the Dillard's wing ( A Brooks Brothers, Louis Vuittion, Tiffanys, Burberry, RL, Lacoste, and Abercrombie & Fitch's Gilly Hicks & Ruehl would be cool). It would also be cool if they could put a Nordstrom in Sears and something in JCPenney. Also with some high end boutiques. I can defienetly see that happening, but not at least until like 2020. That will not happen until lower Haywood Road is not so "Laurens Roadish"

I went to Haywood today. The Macy's renovation is almost complete. The whole store looks complete except they have the area between the Haywood Road Entrance to the middle of the store on the lower level. At Belk: I actually saw some cologne on sale. Do they actually ever put cologne on sale? Is it me or is the mall actually that small because there is only three stores from the center court (Body Shop, Victoria's Secret & Banana Republic) to the end of the mall. I guess it could just be that the Victoria's Secret is very large.

I think it would be cool if Haywood added a third level to the Dillard's wing ( A Brooks Brothers, Louis Vuittion, Tiffanys, Burberry, RL, Lacoste, and Abercrombie & Fitch's Gilly Hicks & Ruehl would be cool). It would also be cool if they could put a Nordstrom in Sears and something in JCPenney. Also with some high end boutiques. I can defienetly see that happening, but not at least until like 2020. That will not happen until lower Haywood Road is not so "Laurens Roadish"

"lower Haywood Rd" will experience great development if the BRT gets implemented. It's prime and underdeveloped as it is right now...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

When I was walking through Belk last Saturday, I noticed that not all of it has been remodeled. The section from the Bed & Bath/Luggage to the Lingerie is not remodeled yet. It kind of looks bad because it looks like a JCPenney and the rest of the store looks kind of like Nordstrom. I think that the ceiling should be replaced... some of the store is really bad for having stains or something on the ceiling.. especially in the juniors. I think after the remodel is "finished" it will look good. I just know noticed the Coach & Orgins boutiques at Belk. I knew they sold them, but I did not know that they had boutiques there. How long have they been there?

The recession has not affected Haywood at all. At 8:30 last night, the mall was packed and there was a lot of people going in also. The parking lot was also full (I had to park at Sears to go into Macy's).

Yes, it seems to stay crowded, but is anyone buying?