Haywood Mall Retail

gs3

If Food Lion shows up at Haywood Mall, then I'd say that Simon just wasted money on renovations! It looks way too nice for a Food Lion to show up.

Although, it would be really cool if a grocery store came, as well as two or three residential towers. Turning Haywood into an indoor town center sort of complex... It'd be like living downtown, but with better shopping options-- can't touch the resturant scene, though.

Edited by GvilleSC

If Food Lion shows up at Haywood Mall, then I'd say that Simon just wasted money on renovations! It looks way too nice for a Food Lion to show up.

Would you consider a Bloom instead?

Although, it would be really cool if a grocery store came, as well as two or three residential towers. Turning Haywood into an indoor town center sort of complex... It'd be like living downtown, but with better shopping options-- can't touch the resturant scene, though.

With interior renovations complete, this would be something worthy pursuing. There's much space on the JCPenney end near Pier 1 for a supermarket and/or a residential midrise tower.

Would you consider a Bloom instead?

With interior renovations complete, this would be something worthy pursuing. There's much space on the JCPenney end near Pier 1 for a supermarket and/or a residential midrise tower.

That would be freakin sweet if a Bloom came to Haywood Mall. Very true about that space near JCPenney BoDragon. :thumbsup:

If it came, it would be Bloom. Food Lions haven't entered Greenville have they, only Blooms. Food Lions are in the outlying rural areas. That would be too sweet to have a Bloom on an outparcel! I love that store! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: I could see Haywood easily having the room to add restaurants and markets to the outparcel areas.

I think some may be using the Food Lion and Bloom names interchangeably because Bloom is owned by the Food Lion company. I wouldn't be surprised to see Food Lion to eventually changed their corporate name to Bloom as Bloom already is have a more positive image than Food Lion. "Food Lion" stores are may have been suffering from some bad press a few years ago when a tv show (20/20?) went in with a hidden camera and revealed a lot of bad practices.

At the time of Food Lion's Press Release (to which a link is posted on a thread here somewhere - I think one dedicated to Food Lion, in fact), the release listed all of the stores they were going to be opening in the Greenville market and not all of them were Bloom. I don't remember the exact details, but the breakdown was something like 60/40, if I recall ... maybe 70/30 ... Bloom/Food Lion.

At the time of Food Lion's Press Release (to which a link is posted on a thread here somewhere - I think one dedicated to Food Lion, in fact), the release listed all of the stores they were going to be opening in the Greenville market and not all of them were Bloom. I don't remember the exact details, but the breakdown was something like 60/40, if I recall ... maybe 70/30 ... Bloom/Food Lion.

Here's the thread and here's the news release. The ratio is 6:3 Bloom:Food Lion.

Also, here's a construction thread for their new stores.

Food Lion is not opening a supermarket at Haywood Mall

Obviously....I don't think anybody really thought that. However, there are numerous OUTPARCEL areas around Haywood that could stand additional development and I think Bloom (or Earth Fare or another Whole Foods) could be a fantastic addition, as all are very much a market (not really a grocery store). Bloom may be owned by the Food Lion / Delhaize corp, but certainly can not be confused with a Food Lion. The two are night and day.

• 3 weeks later...

^^^Who? :dontknow: How do you guys know about all of these stores? I've never even heard of 95% of the ones supposedly coming to Magnolia Park.

Because most of us have lived in big cities at some point. :thumbsup:

The fact that Greenville is getting those stores is evidence that we are a growing metro that is getting more credibility each day. And that is very exciting!

P.S. I believe this will be the first Aldo location in South Carolina, making this yet another one of Greenville's "South Carolina firsts." :shades:

^^^That makes sense. I've been to cities like Atlanta, Charlotte, Denver, etc. but the only metro area I have ever lived in is and still is Greenville and I plan to stay here for a long time to come. :)

All of them are either in Atlanta or Charlotte...

Wow. This will be impressive and nice for Greenville then. :shades:

Edited by g-man430