Haywood Mall Retail

gs3

Like you needed anymore confirmation: http://www.simon.com/mall/malljobs.aspx?id=206

Apple

Job Title:

Creative Pros, Technical Experts and Business Consultants

Description:

Apple is coming to Greenville ! More than a retail job, you can be the face of Apple- help people learn about, shop for, and get the most out of their Apple products. That means we're not just looking for people with retail experience. Creative pros, technical experts, and business consultants have a place here too.

How to Apply:

To learn more and to apply, just follow this link!

http://www.apple.com/jobs/us/retail.html

Apply online at http://www.apple.com/jobs/us/retail.html

Like you needed anymore confirmation: http://www.simon.com/mall/malljobs.aspx?id=206

Apple

Job Title:

Creative Pros, Technical Experts and Business Consultants

Description:

Apple is coming to Greenville ! More than a retail job, you can be the face of Apple- help people learn about, shop for, and get the most out of their Apple products. That means we're not just looking for people with retail experience. Creative pros, technical experts, and business consultants have a place here too.

How to Apply:

To learn more and to apply, just follow this link!

http://www.apple.com/jobs/us/retail.html

Apply online at http://www.apple.com/jobs/us/retail.html

Haven't read anywhere what the official opening date is, though I've heard June. Anyone know for sure?

Not a big deal, but Bags Express (in the old Claire's) closes 2/28

Where exactly in the mall is this located? Has Ink & Thread moved into the old Borders space yet? I went to the mall earlier today and it was very crowded. Lots of shoppers. Definitely good to see. I didn't go by the old Borders space or even notice that Bags Express was closing wherever they're located. Oh and I saw inside the future Apple Store for the first time today. Don't ask how. Completely gutted on the inside. There's even dirt on the ground inside the space. Not exactly sure why. Maybe it was from tearing up the floor of the old space or to level off the new one. :unsure: I couldn't even tell the Childrens Place was there or that Apple is coming yet. Definitely lots of work left to go.

Edited by citylife

I went around 11am and didn't see it as crowded as it has been in the past few weeks (given the bad weather we've been having). Bags Express is upstairs (I think) between Macy's and Sears. They moved to that location a while back after being where the As Seen on TV store is now.

Borders is just like it was vacated yesterday. No activity. I noticed the Eddie Bauer store appears to be split in to two spaces. The side/back portion has been walled off and isn't 'hidden' like the CP side is.

Edited by perrykat

I went around 11am and didn't see it as crowded as it has been in the past few weeks (given the bad weather we've been having). Bags Express is upstairs (I think) between Macy's and Sears. They moved to that location a while back after being where the As Seen on TV store is now.

Borders is just like it was vacated yesterday. No activity. I noticed the Eddie Bauer store appears to be split in to two stores. The side/back portion has been walled off and I don't see any work going on in there like the front part (where it says Children's Place is coming) and they seem to be working hard on that part.

Gotcha...thanks. I went around 5pm and it was the crowdest i've seen it since Christmas. Was actually kind of suprised. Every store I walked by from J. Crew to GAP to Guess was packed with shoppers. I also noticed that too regarding the old Eddie Bauer space. I wonder if another tenant is in the works for the other part of the space? Either that or Childrens Place didn't want the whole thing like Eddie Bauer did. Looks like they're hiring additional workers for their new store going off the signage they put up.

Edited by citylife

• 2 weeks later...

Pandora (no, not the planet from Avatar) for old Aveda space. Tenant upfit for space has started. Bags Express has closed, but there were workers doing interior work on the store today which leads me to believe that something new is coming very soon for that space. The retail establishment that was located between Regis and the As Seen on TV store near Dillards has closed. However, "new retail store coming soon" signs have been put up on the front of the store. These same signs have also gone up on the old Marble Slab and Borders Express spaces.

Edited by citylife

I don't know much about Pandora except that they sell jewelry items. Are they a fairly high-end store? dontknow.gif I did some research and their first retail store opened in 2006. Ever since then, they have been expanding fairly rapidly.

Edited by citylife

I'm guessing that "retail establishment" was Pinkheart? Not surprised.

Haywood sure is doing a good job filling the empty spaces up. I wish/hope Westgate can do the same. I bet Apple's coming to the mall has something to do with it. :shades:

I guess that the embrodiery place is finally opening in the old Borders. It's about time but I'm less than thrilled about the store.

I'm guessing that "retail establishment" was Pinkheart? Not surprised.

Haywood sure is doing a good job filling the empty spaces up. I wish/hope Westgate can do the same. I bet Apple's coming to the mall has something to do with it. shades.gif

I guess that the embrodiery place is finally opening in the old Borders. It's about time but I'm less than thrilled about the store.

Yeah, that was it. Couldn't remember the name of the store at first. I'm personally glad to see it gone especially seeing how something new and hopefully better will be replacing it. Not only is the Apple deal helping Haywood land new retail tenants but also include the fact that other developments where these tenants could go like Magnolia Park and Crescent Place are on hold for the time being. Can't forget about Greenridge's available retail space being pretty much filled up either. They don't have really anywhere else to go but Haywood Mall and possibly downtown. This is definitely great news for the mall and will help it continue to become more high-end.

I don't know much about Pandora except that they sell jewelry items. Are they a fairly high-end store?

They are an international jewelry company....Danish I believe. Their jewelry (mostly silver) is available in some jewelers, but their free standing stores I've seen are always clean and modern. Their pricepoint is better end. The big deal with them is their charm bracelets. They can also customize jewelry. A great addition to Haywood and the first freestanding store in SC I believe. They are typically in better malls....a few I know of, Perimeter in Atlanta, Green Hills in Nashville, Crabtree in Raleigh.

This page on their website, has a good photo of a typical store:

http://www3.pandora-jewelry.com/us/Store-locator

Edited by gsupstate

Not only is the Apple deal helping Haywood land new retail tenants

Though Apple is not an anchor store in the traditional use of the word, Apple acts like an anchor store. Specialty retailers like to use the word "complitition".....complimentary and competition together. A group of stores, competing companies sharing the same demographic, but selling complimentary products cluster together in the same mall. This ensures each receives the cross shopping of the others customers and boost sales. Haywood's problem now is that it is out of prime, quality space without some more major juggling and ending of leases. Finding the space for Apple took a while. Anthropologie has similar space requirements.

Edited by gsupstate

Though Apple is not an anchor store in the traditional use of the word, Apple acts like an anchor store. Specialty retailers like to use the word "complitition".....complimentary and competition together. A group of stores, competing companies sharing the same demographic, but selling complimentary products cluster together in the same mall. This ensures each receives the cross shopping of the others customers and boost sales. Haywood's problem now is that it is out of prime, quality space without some more major juggling and ending of leases. Finding the space for Apple took a while. Anthropologie has similar space requirements.

I am trying to think of where Anthropologie could go. How big are their stores? I can't think of any empty spaces that they could fit in. Panera is moving, gut that out and put it in there? Or would they want to keep that a restaurant? There's that cheap bookstore where Bombay was next to Sears, but that's not a great spot (accross from Apple, however). Haywood is no stranger to juggling (especially with the smaller stores), so I wouldn't be surprised if they move things around.

Apple has really been a shot in the arm for Haywood and will attract more upscale stores. Columbiana, Northwoods, Citadel, etc pale in comparison to upscale selection. It is unarguably the most upscale mall in SC, and probably will be for a long time. :shades: Things may have changed, I'm not sure.... but after this all plays out, I bet they'll have the least unleased space of any mall in SC.

They are an international jewelry company....Danish I believe. Their jewelry (mostly silver) is available in some jewelers, but their free standing stores I've seen are always clean and modern. Their pricepoint is better end. The big deal with them is their charm bracelets. They can also customize jewelry. A great addition to Haywood and the first freestanding store in SC I believe. They are typically in better malls....a few I know of, Perimeter in Atlanta, Green Hills in Nashville, Crabtree in Raleigh.

This page on their website, has a good photo of a typical store:

http://www3.pandora-...s/Store-locator

Ahhh...gotcha thanks. For some odd reason, it reminds me of the interior of Coach which isn't a bad thing at all. This is actually going to be their second freestanding store in the state. The first one opened in late November 2009 in Charleston at the Charleston Place complex that has the likes of Gucci and Godiva.

Edited by citylife

I wonder if the opening of Apple could finally fill that space that's been vacant for AGES between Boardwalk & Park Place and SC Place? It's in an awful location, but that may help it. I don't even know what was in there.

Going to the mall tomorrow (actually have a reason, dryer shopping at Sears) so I'll report with any changes.

Edited by perrykat

Mall updates (you beat me to it citylife hehe):

-American Eagle is taking over the old Bags Express store and is remodeling their current store. However, they are still open. Right side of the store nearly gutted out.

-Eddie Bauer's old spot is indeed being split. Work on CP is full swing, there has been a sheetrock wall put up inside and there is no work going on behind the wall (where side EB entrance was).

-space between SC Place and Boardwalk/Park Place was being emptied out and looked like they were preparing to do some work in there or maybe cleaning. Like I said, this is accross from the Apple store's side, so it's probably much more valuable now. That space has been empty for ages. There are no "for lease" or "new store coming" signs here.

-Signs are up for Pandora coming soon. Fransesca's sign has been up.

-Old Borders, Pinkheart, and Marble Slab all have the "new store" signs in the windows as mentioned. I know one store was supposed to move to the Borders, but there is no longer any sign of that, so it must have fallen through.

And, on top of that, found some potential dryers. ;)

Edited by perrykat

I noticed the side entrance of the old Eddie Bauer location has been closed off. If the spaces are being split why would they cover the side entrance up? I'm starting to think The Childrens Place will indeed be taking the entire old Eddie Bauer space. I can't confirm this though.

The door was open to the front side, what I saw looked totally different than the back where no work appears to be going on right now. Also, they are concealed differently (and the side has no mention of CP). Maybe the back is going to be used for storage space, but I don't think I saw a door.

I could be wrong, so take it with a grain of salt.