Gameday Center | Tallahassee

Florida

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, I think the success these developers will have in building downtown will make them want to build more. I think the cat is out of the bag, the cow has left the farm, the horse has jumped the fence, so to speak.

And you know people like to copy other people... thats just the nature of things. Look at Coastie, this is the first time I've ever heard a person say they considered Southwood, but they really wanted the urban lifestyle... I think there are others. And I have an idea of where they might be living too.

LOL! Welcome back Go Gators!!!

Here's a September 19th Picture... I work across the street so I take a picture everyday basically. One thing to notice is the massive risers they have installed up to the 8th floor. They wrap the entire building to allow the crews to begin work on the outter walls.

Update91905.jpg

Yeah, Gmaeday is becomeing an impact from the outer areas of DT now for sure. Tennessee, Gaines, Stadium, Famu, and even sitting on a bench in front of Ruby Diamond! It seems like it is filling up more space than I originally thought it would... 2 stories to go? and that fat roof

3 Stories to go. Looking at it from behind gives the false impression that there is an extra level.

Wow I believe Gameday is the fastest in getting things done it seemed it was just a month ago they were on the 2nd floor.

I feel the same way. In a way I want to see them go up and up and up for quite some way. I don't the verticle construction to end, because this site, if you look at CSMurphy's graphics, is key to our skyline. But I'm sure we'll have other opportunities.

Here's a Tallahassee Center Update:

DSCF1915.jpg

Building as seen from IMAX

DSCF1916.jpg

Another View from the Plaza

DSCF1917.jpg

Zoom into a window to show electrical work

DSCF1918.jpg

Three floors have been framed in metal.

DSCF1936.jpg

A shot from the rear of the Building along Bronough. The building will appear taller than 11 stories from this point.

DSCF1935.jpg

Another shot... just because I took two.

I believe the designs are similar yet unique in their own way. Looking at the buildings collectively its easy to see they form a "neighborhood" or a well planned cluster of buildings instead of having three or 4 buildings stand side by side and very incompatible. In my opinion, that was a problem Kleman Plaza used to have when it was originally just the Florida League of Cities building and the Oddessy Learning Center. There you had a classy looking tan stucco structure on the same plaza as a modern structure with loud blue stripes.

The Challenger Learning Center helped to bridge the divide between these two buildings by icorporating both the stucco tan from the Florida League of Cities building into its design and pairing with with the Blue highlights from the other building. What more than that, the Challenger learning center laid the foundation for what would become the primary building material for the rest of the plaza's structures, brick, with its brick front facing Duval Street, and brick highlighted rear side at plaza level.

Now we see two buildings going up on the plaza going up and incorporate all of the elements gathered along the way... brick, tan stone (stucco), hints of blue, the Tallahassee center with its classic design juxtaposed against the Florida League of cities building, and the modern design of the Plaza tower in the back ground of the Oddessy (Mary Brogan) Museum.

I think the planners did a great job!

Archived