Charlotte-Douglas Airport (CLT) Expansion

uptownliving

While the connection opportunities in Charlotte do help us get flights that we otherwise never would, I don't think you should use that metric in regards to comparing our chances of a flight to Orlando's.  While our populations are about the same, Orlando has nearly 3x as much O&D traffic as we do.  Simply put - people are flying to Orlando to visit Orlando (theme parks).

Unfortunately, right now I'm not going to hold my breath in hopes of Qatar flying here.  But maybe some day.

Uh...I think you are forgetting Fury 325...

• Like 3

^EDIT: Richard Anderson, not Doug Parker. He needs to quit whining about the ME3 airlines getting Fith and Seventh Freedom rights (N.America to Europe without a stop in DXB, for example).  It's not the ME3's fault they offer incredible service (and free alcohol in economy) on brand-new aircraft Boeing and Airbus aircraft.

Edited by ChessieCat

I can confirm that N288AY will be returning to service within the next few days. The aircraft has been in Amarillo for the last week being repainted and is flying back to Charlotte as I type this. Summer schedule will not be affected, much to the dispair of Charlotte-haters who think we will only have three European flights next year to London, Frankfurt and Madrid.

US/AA merger is going well. We will get a Single Operating Certificate from the FAA in April. So the Cactus call sign will go away. AA should also be consolidating domestic operations onto B & C, allowing JetBlue to move to Concourse A soon.

FYI, AA is sitting on 7x weekly São Paulo slots that have lucrative timings. I assume AA will wait till US-Brasil Open Skies agreement comes into affect October 1st to launch additional flights to GRU. I may, or may not be Charlotte. But it could also be Philadelphia, Chicago or New York that gets a flight using US Airways' old CLT-GRU slots.

But Happy (early) Easter everyone!

Edited by Piedmont767
  • Like 1

The stupidity of the NC General Assembly is remarkable.  Should NC follow the train wreck that is currently Indiana, we might be in for some unpleasantness of our own.

On Monday, American Airlines, which has its second-largest hub in Charlotte and employs thousands in the city, signaled it would fight the North Carolina legislation – just as it opposed a similar bill in Arizona that was vetoed last year by then-Gov. Jan Brewer. American CEO Doug Parker had raised the prospect of cutting flights in Arizona if the legislation had gone into effect.

“We believe no individual should be refused service or employment because of gender identity or sexual orientation,” American Airlines spokeswoman Michelle Mohr said in a statement. “…Laws like this will harm the economies of the states in which they are enacted, and would ultimately be a step in the wrong direction for a society that seeks tolerance, peace and prosperity for all.”

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/article16956950.html

^It it things like that, which makes me believe that Charlotte and Mecklenburg should be in South Carolina. Hey, at least we could get Nikki Haley to get more jobs and company relocations if we were in SC, instead of her stealing them from us.

Also, American has moved from concourse A to B. They will be using gates B5, B7 and B8.

Edited by Piedmont767

A little off topic but I figured the experts here could provide an answer.

I recieved an email today from The New American Airlines stating that my US Airways Dividend Miles had been rolled over into the AAdvantage Program. I now have a new account number and my balance of miles has been transferred. Seems seamless and easy right? The problem is the email said that my miles expire on 4/3/16. Is this a change from the old American program? I've had a balance of miles for several years now with US and don't recall ever losing unused miles. Am I wrong or missing something?

A little off topic but I figured the experts here could provide an answer.

I recieved an email today from The New American Airlines stating that my US Airways Dividend Miles had been rolled over into the AAdvantage Program. I now have a new account number and my balance of miles has been transferred. Seems seamless and easy right? The problem is the email said that my miles expire on 4/3/16. Is this a change from the old American program? I've had a balance of miles for several years now with US and don't recall ever losing unused miles. Am I wrong or missing something?

The date will keep moving forward assuming you continue to use AA.  If you do not use AA in 18 months they will begin to expire based on rolling activity from 18 months prior.  To my knowledge US Air had same/similar rule, just that don't think it was well publicized.

Edited by navigator319

At 02:00 CDT tomorrow morning (08 APR 2015) US Airways officially ceases to exist.  

Goodbye cactus... Its kinda sad actually, I grew up on US Airways, I remember when my parents got divorced when I was 5 I would fly all the time between LA and Charlotte as an unaccompanied minor and had a blast doing it... Hopefully American can live up to all of our hopes  :good:

I find it very sad that US is gone. I grew up flying Piedmont and USAir, mainly between Charlotte and London Gatwick, and that's how I became hooked on flying. I joined US as a flight attendant in early 2001, when I was 21 years old, all those memories I have of flying on Piedmont, USAir and working for US Airways have all come flooding back to me. I know it's sounds a bit silly, but it's actually very emotional for me.

I'm working my first 'American Airlines' flight tonight. Nearly everything has changed, last night new safety cards and videos were placed on the aircraft and loaded into the IFE system. Nearly everything has changed:

-Magazines

-Safety Cards/Videos

-Annoucements (these are new, going to say them for the first time tonight)

-Livery and Aircraft Branding

-Cabin Services and Catering

-InFlight Policies

-LUS F/As get tablets to use for cabin services

-Airport branding

And other things. The only things that is still US Airways, from the passenger perspective, are the US website, reservation systems and cabin interiors. I hear the next thing is to install wifi on the A330s, but I haven't heard anything else about refurbishing the interior. But time will tell...

Goodbye US Airways and Cactus, as you fly off into the sunset. :)

Edited by Piedmont767

I find it very sad that US is gone. I grew up flying Piedmont and USAir, mainly between Charlotte and London Gatwick, and that's how I became hooked on flying. I joined US as a flight attendant in early 2001, when I was 21 years old, all those memories I have of flying on Piedmont, USAir and working for US Airways have all come flooding back to me. I know it's sounds a bit silly, but it's actually very emotional for me.

I'm working my first 'American Airlines' flight tonight. Nearly everything has changed, last night new safety cards and videos were placed on the aircraft and loaded into the IFE system. Nearly everything has changed:

-Magazines

-Safety Cards/Videos

-Annoucements (these are new, going to say them for the first time tonight)

-Livery and Aircraft Branding

-Cabin Services and Catering

-InFlight Policies

-LUS F/As get tablets to use for cabin services

-Airport branding

And other things. The only things that is still US Airways, from the passenger perspective, are the US website, reservation systems and cabin interiors. I hear the next thing is to install wifi on the A330s, but I haven't heard anything else about refurbishing the interior. But time will tell...

Goodbye US Airways and Cactus, as you fly off into the sunset. :)

So they replaced every US Airways sign with an American one last night?  

Not sure if this has been discussed, but CLT is embarking on a whopping land-acquisition plan in Steel Creek below the third runway. Looks like they're trying to buy up an area almost the size of Uptown.

. I think this land has been in the works for a while & I think it's the space the airport was pitching to Boeing . Either way it is at least 350 acres Edited by js4life