Charlotte-Douglas Airport (CLT) Expansion

uptownliving

From today's BizJournal:

While she enjoyed the work, Samuelson said her work hours “were way too many ... for what was supposed to be a part-time job. I was starting to feel disconnected from Charlotte.”

Could that have been the many bridges she burned?

• Like 2

To focus on her faith and family probably means she was cheating on her husband (speculation).  :dontknow:

More likely, she is calling in her chits for her 'business opportunities' to get her rewards for the favors she did in the legislature.  

Bets on how quickly she gets 'business opportunities' with [aviation expert] Johnny Harris.

No official source but FOUR new European routes have been loaded for next summer.

Clt-Lisbon starts May 23rd with a 757-200

Clt-Manchester (UK) starts May 23rd with a 757-200

Clt-Brussels starts June 5th with a 762-200 and

Clt-Barcelona Starts May 23rd with A330-200

No official news source iv seen but all are bookable on usairways.com

No way!!!!!

Are You sure That they are Not Tag ons or codeshares?!?

That Would be HUGE. Charlotte would literally be a transatlantic gateway with flights to Rome, Paris, Frankfurt, Munich, Madrid, Dublin, London already...

Our level of service is.... I can't describe it, one of a kind... No city comes close to our service for our size.... Sheesh

I was suprised as well but they are bookable so i guess they are legit.

Also starting in march Clt-gru has much better time slot.  

CLT-GRU leaves clt at 1050pm gets into gru at 930 am

GRU-CLT leaves Gru at 230 am gets into clt at 1130 am. 

That time slots sounds worse than really is Business people like the overnight trips compared to daylight flights from SA.

Edited by CltFlyer

I was suprised as well but they are bookable so i guess they are legit.

Also starting in march Clt-gru has much better time slot.  

CLT-GRU leaves clt at 1050pm gets into gru at 930 am

GRU-CLT leaves Gru at 230 am gets into clt at 1130 am. 

That time slots sounds worse than really is Business people like the overnight trips compared to daylight flights from SA.

Hopefully all the good news is true.

In other good news regarding the airport, a major exhibition piece is coming to Charlotte...Republic 5, a C-130 involved in the failed 1980 Iran hostage rescue attempt, is being retired from service and brought to the Aviation Museum. Also, for those who dont know, the museum recently became a Smithsonian affiliate museum. It is quickly becoming quite the attraction.

Expect an official US Airways announcement on Monday.

Manchester has long been rumored, as had Barcelona. Brussels and Lisbon are quite surprising, and I question how they will perform, especially Lisbon.

Concourse D will now be officially maxed out during the afternoon. I wonder if US is using these flights as a way to push CLT to build the new International Terminal faster.

Expect an official US Airways announcement on Monday.

Manchester has long been rumored, as had Barcelona. Brussels and Lisbon are quite surprising, and I question how they will perform, especially Lisbon.

Concourse D will now be officially maxed out during the afternoon. I wonder if US is using these flights as a way to push CLT to build the new International Terminal faster.

Everyone has been afraid that US Air would cut international service form Charlotte with the merger with American, but they are adding service instead? I hope that this trend continues. I never actually imagined Charlotte being a hub for international travel.

Everyone has been afraid that US Air would cut international service form Charlotte with the merger with American, but they are adding service instead? I hope that this trend continues. I never actually imagined Charlotte being a hub for international travel.

The merger isn't complete and is nowhere near complete. There is a possibility that the merger may not even occur. AA and US are still competitors at this point. It would be foolish for US not to continue expansion.

Wait two years after the merger is complete, then we can compare international service before and after the merger.

This is awesome!  I was at CLT this week and had a bit of time so I went down to D Concourse to bide my time.  It's so much quieter down there and you can just sit at the bar and watch the big birds arrive.  It's still awesome to see the Lufthansa 340-600 arrive!  I can't wait to see even more international flights (though seeing the 757 isn't the same as seeing the 330-300).

Lots of jealousy on A.Net mostly (if not all) members from Raleigh & ATL.

Dublin, Rome & Madrid wouldn't last & Río would probably be canceled before it started.

Now we get São, Barcelona, Brussels, Lisbon & Manchester and again, everyone from Atlanta & Raleigh bashes CLT.

Interesting Delta doesn't fly ATL-Lisbon. I believe.

Lots of jealousy on A.Net mostly (if not all) members from Raleigh & ATL.

Dublin, Rome & Madrid wouldn't last & Río would probably be canceled before it started.

Now we get São, Barcelona, Brussels, Lisbon & Manchester and again, everyone from Atlanta & Raleigh bashes CLT.

Interesting Delta doesn't fly ATL-Lisbon. I believe.

it ain't a party over there until that arrogant douche mah4546 starts hatin on clt and anything non miami

Official announcement regarding the flights on the Observer this morning. According to the company the flights are part of an effort to bolster the international network of the company in advance of the merger meaning they likely intend to keep the flights post merger. I hate to mess around with my iPhone when trying to post a link so if someone else wants to post the link, feel free.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/10/21/4403818/us-airways-adds-four-international.html#.UmUhPvUas_Q.twitter

The flights from Charlotte to Barcelona, Lisbon and Manchester will begin May 22, the company said, and the Brussels flight will launch June 5. The Barcelona flight will run through October 24, the Lisbon and Manchester flights through September 28, and the Brussels flight through Sept. 1.

Awesome news about the new European destinations from CLT. Brussels and Lisbon were surprising to me. Agree with cltwimob, it sounds like US intends to keep these from flights out of CLT post-AA merger. That's really great news for the business community too!

They'll have an armada of longhaul jets that US never had. US Airways always had a tiny, tiny "fleet" of longhaul aircraft