THE Orlando Photo Thread

sunshine

Don't get me wrong, I really love TT. But seriously, TT wouldn't be as stunning or novel as it is now without being two towers connected by the skybridge. What was great about 215 E. Central is that it added another layer of depth to downtown. Having a tower that tall on the north side of Central and corner of Rosalind would have made both streets significantly more urban and important to pedestrians. Just my HO.

I agree.Does anyone know why it was rejected?

Um... maybe because it was a 400-foot building in a public park with another 10-story parking podium? Just a guess.

I was under the impression that this did not encroach on the public park at all, only using existing private property. Is this incorrect? I thought it was great at park level with the plan for outdoor dining adjacent to the park.

Hopefully, if height was the only issue, the project can move forward redesigned but still retaining the most important aspect that Tim mentioned above.

I don't how customary it is to have projects redesigned, but this was attempt #2.

Does anyone know if minutes are available from MPB meetings? We could read the judgments then.

It strikes me as odd that after a redesign, this project still failed to be accepted. When the MPB turns down a project, they make the reasons clear, no? You'd think if they had already been turned down once, they would've known what to have shot for the second time around. Anyone have light to shed on this one?

At any rate, these few lots sort of clinging to the side of the park have always struck me as odd, as did the prospect of a project this size rising out of the corner of our city's crown jewel park. If the size is an issue to the City though, you' think they'd just change the zoning.

Along that concern, I see this project happening or not of paramount importance to the future residents of The Paramount (ahem). It sets a precedent one way or another as to whether a huge redevelopment will be allowed on the lots between The Paramount and Lake Eola. That is, unless those lots are already zoned for low-rises.

It sets a precedent one way or another as to whether a huge redevelopment will be allowed on the lots between The Paramount and Lake Eola. That is, unless those lots are already zoned for low-rises.

Those lots across from The Paramount are already built on in the form of the 4-story portion of Post Parkside apartments. What I've always wondered is if Post Properties ever sold, could the buildings be torn down to make way for something taller?

Those lots across from The Paramount are already built on in the form of the 4-story portion of Post Parkside apartments. What I've always wondered is if Post Properties ever sold, could the buildings be torn down to make way for something taller?

Yes, I know they're already developed. We're on the same page - I was also thinking of the potential for redevelopment.

Definetly, the cities best angle (for now). Unfortunately the pictures give very little credit to the level of density being created around Sun Trust. Ironically, once 55W gets taller you wont even see The Vue, or Dynetech for that matter until you get half way through downtown. Once that happens the same distance out from the north should be the better angle.

post-14819-1165292334_thumb.jpgpost-14819-1165292291_thumb.jpg

Restaurant, retail, hotel, offices & condos I believe... right?

I would like to take a moment to introduce myself as the developer of the 205/215 hotel project. I am writing to clear up and answer some of the questions regarding the project.

I am also writing to express my gratitude for those who expressed words of support for the project.

The recent MPB hearing was our first application, not the second as was mentioned in an earlier post. Our first presentation to the DRC was not approved. The submission that was presented recently to the MPB was unanimously approved by the DRC on a preliminary and interim basis.

There was no office space proposed in the project; however we sought to build a 225 unit hotel, a 5000 sf. restaurant facing Lake Eola, 86 residential units and 1800 square ft of ground floor retail.

All of the structures proposed at MPB were located on our property. We did suggest some improvements to Eola Park that were coordinated with and supported by the parks department. These improvements were never part of our recent MPB application. Any park improvements would have been subject to a separate MPB application and public hearing.

The idea of improving the park by adding a restaurant deck was developed in conjunction with the city as a way to enliven what is considered to be the least active corner of Eola Park. Our design sought to create a more inviting and open western gateway to the park.

We added a ground floor restaurant to our project by eliminating a great deal of the project