THE Orlando Photo Thread

sunshine

Photographers rights are that so as long you're in a public area, you can take photos as you please. However if there are signs reading "no photography" then you should follow the establishment's rules. If security asks you to stop taking photos, then you should oblige to their request and stop taking photos; however you can proceed to an area outside their jurisdiction and take more if you please. But, if they ask you to hand them your film or disc, that is illegal and you have all the right not to give them your property. So long as you're not acquiring the photos through means not open to the general public, you are safe. In regard to the 9/11 thing--- I can understand it to a degree, but only so much. I mean really, how many photos are taken on the streets in other BIG cities and even at the theme parks?!

Edited by WeNeed2Progress

In regard to the 9/11 thing--- I can understand it to a degree, but only so much. I mean really, how many photos are taken on the streets in other BIG cities and even at the theme parks?!

And I understand your "understanding to a degree".... to a degree. Taking pics on a public street or in a theme park is a bit different than hanging out with a camera in a parking garage. Although any security guard with any common sense ought to be able to understand that you are probably just taking skyline shots, they probably also have certain rules and guidelines put in place by the property owner and/or their employer.

Hospitals have likely been put on a list of potential targets for "terrists" (as Bush would say), so they likely take any instances of people taking pictures or doing anything else that doesn't involve getting into or out of a car and going somewhere..."lingering" in other words... more seriously than pre-9/11. More seriously than warranted in many cases, but one must assume that their job is to err on the side of caution.

I suppose the trick is to just get your shots quickly and don't hang around for too long.

or park your car there.

esp. if you've got one of those 70's vans with tinted windows, maybe no tag, maybe no windows at all....

Anyway, it's a liability issue all around. They can't very well have you fall off the side of their parking garage, can they?

Took some pics today of the Orlando skyline as viewed from the south (ORMC). We don't usually see this view much, put it is greatly improving. I think the view would have been better if it were from another 1/2 mile or so further south. Click on the link below to view pics. Enjoy!

http://img309.imageshack.us/slideshow/play...1553020m29.smil

Thanks that was really good

• 3 weeks later...

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Where is this model of downtown?! I would definitely love to see it... if I have access. I would love to see that model with 215 E. Central added to it... G-d I hope that one guests approved and built!

205/215 was rejected by MPB this week.

I would trade both those projects for 1 Tradition towers!

Don't get me wrong, I really love TT. But seriously, TT wouldn't be as stunning or novel as it is now without being two towers connected by the skybridge. What was great about 215 E. Central is that it added another layer of depth to downtown. Having a tower that tall on the north side of Central and corner of Rosalind would have made both streets significantly more urban and important to pedestrians. Just my HO.