THE Orlando Photo Thread

sunshine

post-14819-1165292334_thumb.jpgpost-14819-1165292291_thumb.jpg

I would like to take a moment to introduce myself as the developer of the 205/215 hotel project. I am writing to clear up and answer some of the questions regarding the project.

I am also writing to express my gratitude for those who expressed words of support for the project.

The recent MPB hearing was our first application, not the second as was mentioned in an earlier post. Our first presentation to the DRC was not approved. The submission that was presented recently to the MPB was unanimously approved by the DRC on a preliminary and interim basis.

There was no office space proposed in the project; however we sought to build a 225 unit hotel, a 5000 sf. restaurant facing Lake Eola, 86 residential units and 1800 square ft of ground floor retail.

All of the structures proposed at MPB were located on our property. We did suggest some improvements to Eola Park that were coordinated with and supported by the parks department. These improvements were never part of our recent MPB application. Any park improvements would have been subject to a separate MPB application and public hearing.

The idea of improving the park by adding a restaurant deck was developed in conjunction with the city as a way to enliven what is considered to be the least active corner of Eola Park. Our design sought to create a more inviting and open western gateway to the park.

We added a ground floor restaurant to our project by eliminating a great deal of the project

For those of you that support and are following the progress of our 205+215 E. Central hotel project, I am please to announce that our new design received interim DRC approval this evening.

Michael Gouda

Managing Member

Eola Urban Holdings Co, LLC

407-493-2695 cell

[email protected]

Sounds like good news. Can you post a rendering?

I would like to take a moment to introduce myself as the developer of the 205/215 hotel project. I am writing to clear up and answer some of the questions regarding the project.

I am also writing to express my gratitude for those who expressed words of support for the project.

The recent MPB hearing was our first application, not the second as was mentioned in an earlier post. Our first presentation to the DRC was not approved. The submission that was presented recently to the MPB was unanimously approved by the DRC on a preliminary and interim basis.

There was no office space proposed in the project; however we sought to build a 225 unit hotel, a 5000 sf. restaurant facing Lake Eola, 86 residential units and 1800 square ft of ground floor retail.

All of the structures proposed at MPB were located on our property. We did suggest some improvements to Eola Park that were coordinated with and supported by the parks department. These improvements were never part of our recent MPB application. Any park improvements would have been subject to a separate MPB application and public hearing.

The idea of improving the park by adding a restaurant deck was developed in conjunction with the city as a way to enliven what is considered to be the least active corner of Eola Park. Our design sought to create a more inviting and open western gateway to the park.

We added a ground floor restaurant to our project by eliminating a great deal of the project

post-14819-1165980129_thumb.jpg

well, it wont necessarily be as monolithic as the original design, but it will continue to add density around lake eola, and the design IS fairly unique (compared to the med revival box's w/ sun visors typical of BBArch).

So bravo, and I'll be sure to e-mail my support as well. Anything to help my city grow!

Thank you again for your interest in the public, Mr. Gouda.

My opinion: I still like the project... a lot, really. The new rendering does stay true to the original, however my favorite element that truly distinguished it from other buildings in the original rendering was how the glass cube/crown was the entire top. The modified top glass cube, but doesn't make the tower as bold as in the original rendering. I did like the height of the original plan, but what can you do? Also, has the restaurant portion been scaled back? It looks like the glass around this section from the original has been scaled back as well.

On a side note, you may want to pass this project along to whomever interested in retail leasing to courting Starbucks into this location. They're rapidly expanding Central Florida operations and when this is done, this will be a prime location.

Thank you again for your interest in the public, Mr. Gouda.

My opinion: I still like the project... a lot, really. The new rendering does stay true to the original, however my favorite element that truly distinguished it from other buildings in the original rendering was how the glass cube/crown was the entire top. The modified top glass cube, but doesn't make the tower as bold as in the original rendering. I did like the height of the original plan, but what can you do? Also, has the restaurant portion been scaled back? It looks like the glass around this section from the original has been scaled back as well.

On a side note, you may want to pass this project along to whomever interested in retail leasing to courting Starbucks into this location. They're rapidly expanding Central Florida operations and when this is done, this will be a prime location.

To WeNeed2Progress (Great name by the way),

We are planning on expanding the cube as you insightfully suggested. We did not have time to adjust the rendering to show how the glass cubes will intersect with the structure; however this change is a priority.

In addition we are going to make sure that the

To WeNeed2Progress (Great name by the way),

We are planning on expanding the cube as you insightfully suggested. We did not have time to adjust the rendering to show how the glass cubes will intersect with the structure; however this change is a priority.

In addition we are going to make sure that the

I really like the new design as well. I think if I had never seen the old one, this would be one of my favorite proposals. Is this 100% hotel/ground floor retail now? Also, it's a little hard to tell from the rendering but how many stories/height is the new design? Nice work Michael...You guys seem to really want to move this project forward...

Thank you for your comments. We are proposing a hotel, ground floor retail and a very high quality lakefront restaurant and deck that are all on our own property. We have removed 86 residential units from our proposal and cut the number of parking decks in half.

There will be about 20 decks in total with three of them being double height. This is a reduction from 39 decks.

Regarding comments from Boomer136, we did not take any inspiration from the existing buildings and this must be a coincidence. The facade on Central Ave. remains similar to what was already present at the prior DRC.

We passed interim DRC yesterday which allows us to resubmit for the Jan MPB meeting.

If you are in support of the project then I urge you to attend the January 16th MPB meeting and strongly voice your support for the project.

Best Regards,

Michael Gouda

Global Empire Development, LLC

110 Osceola Ct.

Winter Park, FL 32789

1-407-493-2695 Cell

1-800-524-5712 eFax

[email protected]

I am a little confused. How many units could be built today based on the current zoning and how many more could be added based on the City's intensity bonus? Also, how did your original and your revised development program match up density-wise? I just hate to see the City limit development rights on properties downtown. Developers seem to get away with anything out in suburbia and an excellent project downtown like this one should not be unfairly restricted. Also, I thought that there was no height limit other than the FAA approval requirement. Clearly, I was fond of the original rendering.