THE Orlando Photo Thread

sunshine

• 2 weeks later...

I don't remember seeing postings of the completed Winnie Palmer Hospital for Children and Women, so I took these yesterday. I must say that I am thoroughly impressed with the final product. I especially like the way the ulta-sleek design interacts with the cypress garden and pond placed infront of it. This building looks even better at dusk. Overall, a great design... it would have looked even better in the middle of downtown IMO.

WP001.jpg

WP005.jpg

WP004.jpg

WP003.jpg

I may as well add mine, too. Last night's thunderstorm right as it was blowing in on Lake Eola:

176734689_93b157d869_b.jpg

I love this picture, it's amazing

There's nothing like a view in Cent Fla on an overcast day and this is absolute proof of that

God I that I moved to San Diego, what the hell was I thinking?!?!?!?

A storm cloud here would send everybody packing for fear of the unknown

As much as it pains we to say it, Winnie Palmer is the best construction in Orlando simply for it's originality. If only it were closer to downtown.

It might not be the prettiest building but it is cool.

It's original alright. But given the shape of the building, I'm not so sure the color of the glass they used was the best choice. I think the multiple cylindrical shape combined with dark glass makes it look a bit like a stack of 55 gallon oil drums. But that notwithstanding, I just wish it was a block or so further east and fronting right on Orange Avenue, even if it wasn't any closer to downtown northerly. But overall, it is a pretty cool building.

Edited by JFW657

I love this picture, it's amazing

There's nothing like a view in Cent Fla on an overcast day and this is absolute proof of that

God I that I moved to San Diego, what the hell was I thinking?!?!?!?

A storm cloud here would send everybody packing for fear of the unknown

We know its a goo dpicture wally, but could you restate your sentence? You seemed a little incoherent.

That building will be in some movie as the HQ of the evil empire!!! It's just begging to be on camera.

LOL. definately in a movie as some Evil Corporate HQ. Maybe this hospital thing is just a front for a new secret Enron HQ. (and we thought they went away).

We know its a goo dpicture wally, but could you restate your sentence? You seemed a little incoherent.

Sorry, my computer is having issues, not translating exactly what I do type

Just indicating that I moved to San Diego Fall 2005, thought was a good idea at time for new beginning but has since blown up in my face

I miss Orlando and FLA in general, this amazing overcast photo proves it, you will never see such a sight in SoCal