Trader Building Progress

Chesapeake Pirate

Dominion Enterprises has new home, lofty goal

bldg480x320.jpg

NORFOLK - A prominent downtown couple splits amicably after a 15-year relationship. The two try to divvy up their stuff fairly.

But what to do about the posh new place they were building for the next phase of their lives?

One gets the digs in the separation agreement, and the move starts Monday.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're right gosscj. That picture was taken at the Selden near Yorgo's.

Okinawa - the signs are not up yet. And its going to be a staggered move in. About 100 employees are going in between this week and next. First its going to be people from Robin Hood Rd and then after they are done, those at Bendix Rd in Va Beach are coming in. At the same time, people from the current building across the street will be moving in as well. For the most part, the shuffling will be going on until sometime in April. Most of the moving will still However the first floor is not even complete. Paint is still being applied and ducts and columns are still exposed. It will be sometime next month before that work is done.

One thing that has bothered me about this building is the fact that there is one access point to/from the parking garage. Cars can only go in/out of the building by making a right turn onto City Hall Avenue. Traffic already backs up regularly on City Hall Ave heading toward 264 during rush hour, a few hundred more vehicles wont make the situation any better.

One thing that has bothered me about this building is the fact that there is one access point to/from the parking garage. Cars can only go in/out of the building by making a right turn onto City Hall Avenue. Traffic already backs up regularly on City Hall Ave heading toward 264 during rush hour, a few hundred more vehicles wont make the situation any better.

i guess we'll all take what we can get but everyday i run by the building and it makes me yawn! there is no better example of a "fill in the box" type design than this building. Yes, from the street level it looks ok but from a distance you really question the roofline and stumpy box like look.

i guess we'll all take what we can get but everyday i run by the building and it makes me yawn! there is no better example of a "fill in the box" type design than this building. Yes, from the street level it looks ok but from a distance you really question the roofline and stumpy box like look.

Dominion has begun moving people in, they started moving in on Monday, certain divisions (my roommate is one of them) Construction is still ongoing on the 19th and 20th floors, as well as the lobby. I asked for an update on signage, if she could ask around. And i've been promised a tour and the view from her office on the 15th floor :shades:

Archived