Trader Building Progress

Chesapeake Pirate

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No one has really commented on the sign that was erected on Saturday on Granby Street above the main entrance, I am interested in hearing peoples thoughts on this. We were trying to decide to go with shinier stainless steel letters instead of the painted aluminum- see what you think.

• 2 weeks later...

So it actually spells out DOMINION? It's going to be awkward trying to explain to someone that "Dominion Tower" is the one that says Bank of Hampton Roads on it (one of those ones anyway) and the one that says "Dominion" on it is actually Trader Square!

So it actually spells out DOMINION? It's going to be awkward trying to explain to someone that "Dominion Tower" is the one that says Bank of Hampton Roads on it (one of those ones anyway) and the one that says "Dominion" on it is actually Trader Square!

We'll definitely have to get some shots of the new logos & the lighting at night.

By the way, does anyone know how big Dominion Enterprises is now because it bought Trader? I mean, are they anywhere close to becoming a Fortune 500 company? I was just curious. They seem like a large company by the look of their website.

That's because to be a Fortune 'anything' you have to be a public company, or a privately held company that reports revenues publicly. Dominion Enterprises is a wholly owned subsidiary of Landmark Communications, which is a private company and does not publish its revenues. Landmark would very likely qualify as a Fortune 500 company if its revenues were made public (maybe not if all private companies that don't report revenues suddenly decided to do so), and Dominion Enterprises would be a Fortune 1000 if it were on it's own.

Glassoul, I believe Richmond is home to nine Fortune 500 companies..among the top ten in the Nation. Of course, being headquarters for one of the 12 Federal Reserve Banks doesn't hurt.

And we're keeping our fingers crossed, but so far in 2007 there have been only 5 murders -- way down from previous year-to-date statistics.

It seems to me, Norfolk and area are way ahead in development of residential and commercial.

It depends on how you look at it, burt. It's true HR has had more tower proposals in the recent building boom, but then again many of them are not going to be built. Richmond has a lot of near-certain development prospects in the pipeline for the next several years. And I think many of us on UP Norfolk would kill to see something like Rockett's Landing planned for the St. Paul's Quadrant. In short, Norfolk and HR are getting some things they have long suffered without - a downtown grocery, a little more Class A office space - but by all reasonable measures Richmond is better suited to thrive in the long run. And it pains me to say that.

Archived