GSP International

gvillenative

Sounds like Southwest is really struggling at ATL and not just with GSP. Twenty fewer flights there daily overall across the network with the schedule update. Hard to compete with the huge gorilla that is Delta. Smart on Southwest shifting their focus to BNA and BWI.

Edited by gman430

2 hours ago, gman430 said:

Thought there would be a little bit more excitement about GSP landing BNA again. Guess not. :( Tough crowd. 

Good to have for those who will use it. I would never use it myself as its a lot of money for a driving distance destination. I mean you're talking about $300 round trip when you you can drive it in about 5 hours. But if someone wants to pay to fly there its good to have the service. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

Good to have for those who will use it. I would never use it myself as it’s a lot of money for a driving distance destination. I mean you're talking about $300 round trip when you you can drive it in about 5 hours. But if someone wants to pay to fly there it’s good to have the service. 

True but you have to remember that Southwest is not just starting GSP-BNA for people to fly to Nashville as their final destination but also because that airport is basically becoming a hub for Southwest (over 60 non-stop direct destinations) just like HOU, MDW, DEN, DAL and BWI have. A lot of people will be utilizing this new route for connecting flights. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

That's what I thought when GSP added them. Easier to just connect. That's how I did it last year when I went to WrestleMania in LA. CLT to BNA then BNA to LGB (as it was $166 cheaper there instead of LAX). Will definitely be using it for connections in the near future.

• Like 1

For April 12th inbound:

All seven ATL-GSP flights with Delta sold out. 

All three LGA-GSP flights with Delta sold out.

One of the two DTW-GSP flights with Delta sold out.

Three of the nine CLT-GSP flights with American sold out. 

All three DFW-GSP flights with American sold out. 

Two of the three DCA-GSP flights with American sold out.

ORD-GSP flight with American sold out.

Two of the three PHL-GSP flights with American sold out.

Edited by gman430
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, gman430 said:

They’re probably gonna take out the fountain and waterfall next for another parking lot. It’s just sad the airport doesn’t care about their trees anymore.

What's wrong with you?

From the airport site:

"During the Terminal Roadway Improvement Project (TRIP), it is necessary to remove some trees along the roadways at GSP. The trees are being removed to make way for roadway improvements ro reduce congestion near the terminal. Once this project is complete, we will replace these trees with new trees that will allow GSP to continue to offer our airport’s unique park-like environment for many years to come. "

• Like 2

Forgive me if I missed it; but did Silver completely pull out? I had an emergency down in Tampa and tried to find a flight quickly on Saturday, putting all options on the table. And when I went onto the Silver website, GSP doesn't even show up. And I see no Arrivals/Departures from them. 

3 hours ago, DirectorBob0209 said:

Forgive me if I missed it; but did Silver completely pull out? I had an emergency down in Tampa and tried to find a flight quickly on Saturday, putting all options on the table. And when I went onto the Silver website, GSP doesn't even show up. And I see no Arrivals/Departures from them. 

Yes.  Their last flight was the beginning of March.  They are officially gone from GSP.

Edited by rssgvegas
Wrong month

12 minutes ago, rssgvegas said:

Yes.  Their last flight was the beginning of March.  They are officially gone from GSP.

Just like Frontier also. Sad. I found it funny how GSP tried to make it sound like Silver wasn’t leaving when they actually were. lol. Talking about how the airport was going to have eight airlines after Breeze announced when in reality it was always only going to be seven. 

Edited by gman430

Looks like Southwest weekend service to HOU will be ending in early November minus holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. I imagine this is just a seasonal shift with full weekend return in Spring 2025. Everything else looks with the same with the Southwest schedule extension through early March 2025.

By the way, things could be a lot worse for GSP when it comes to Southwest. For example, they are leaving four airports completely and cutting the number of flights to ATL by half: https://www.wabe.org/southwest-airlines-will-cut-half-of-flights-to-atlanta-limit-hiring-drop-4-airports-after-231m-loss/  The fact they even added a new destination out of GSP with how much they’re struggling right now is amazing in itself.

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, gman430 said:

215,988 passengers for March which is an time record for the month. 

So first quarter total is roughly 589k, compared to 531k last year, and 556k for 2019 when the record was set. This summer will set some monthly records and this year will as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, distortedlogic said:

So first quarter total is roughly 589k, compared to 531k last year, and 556k for 2019 when the record was set. This summer will set some monthly records and this year will as well.

Five years since 2019 and we are just barely above the numbers from that year and that’s with all of this new population growth. Sad. 

7 hours ago, gman430 said:

Five years since 2019 and we are just barely above the numbers from that year and that’s with all of this new population growth. Sad. 

I wonder what it was that happened in 2020 that decimated airline travel?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3