Norfolk Development

vdogg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of "peeling off skin" and "ugly ass buildings", has anyone noticed the major renovation underway to the exterior of the Norfolk Airport Hilton?

Before seeing anything, I would say the chances for improvement are very high :D !

Yeah i seen that and I hope it is for the better!

That is great news, I must have missed it somehow. And this statement - But speculation in the real estate community is that it is a large national firm with an extensive real estate portfolio - makes it all the more exciting.

I don't know about you guys but I think I'd rather have a large local group with an extensive real estate portfolio (i.e. Harbor Group) own the building. It could be a boon to that firm.

I don't know about you guys but I think I'd rather have a large local group with an extensive real estate portfolio (i.e. Harbor Group) own the building. It could be a boon to that firm.

Me too. It seems to many out of town people come in here buy everything up. We need to keep it in the area

• 2 weeks later...

ODU has approved the research buildings for the Village? :huh: I thought ODU would start the construction probably late next year or early 2007 due to the progresses on Technology Building, then over to Batten Arts and Letters, and then over to annex for Mills Godwin Building and Oceanography and Physics Building.

If ODU starts this research buildings on the Village construction any sooner, then go at it. :yahoo:

Trader went through its final review process nearly a year before it started construction. This is simply the final review for the design review committee. They then have to go through a final review with the planning commission then finally city council has to authorize it. It may indeed be late next year before ODU starts construction. It all depends on the company (Granby Tower is starting construction on a date that is 6 months after their final review was).

Trader went through its final review process nearly a year before it started construction. This is simply the final review for the design review committee. They then have to go through a final review with the planning commission then finally city council has to authorize it. It may indeed be late next year before ODU starts construction. It all depends on the company (Granby Tower is starting construction on a date that is 6 months after their final review was).

I understand that the Norfolk City Council is going to have to approve all developments including the research buildings at ODU. I think the final review is going to include environmental study, traffic study, and all kinds of stuff. If the building is feasible for development, then go at it. I know of the lengthy time, all the construction companies have to be hired, consultants hired, the people to take care of development, etc. I know it is good news for ODU. :thumbsup:

Yes! That is really the only other place that ODU can really expand to. They could also take some of Larchmount too.

Whoa... slow down big fella. You're talking about people's homes. Lambert's Point may be poor and deteriorating, but ODU is actually working w/ that community to build it up rather than tear it down (ex. New LP rec center, LP summer programs)... whether they have ulterior motives or not, I don't know... Plus the city (NRHA) is doing a lot of new infill construction in "the Point" (it may even be a conservation area)... and you must be crazy if you think the residents of Larchmont (read mostly "well-off" white folks) are gonna let ODU squeeze any more land out of that neighborhood :shok:

The article is not available on line best as I can tell, but today's VP contains an article headlined "Extended stay hotel extends building boom near airport".

A five story 120 unit extended stay hotel to be located at the northwest corner of Princess Anne Rd. and Military Hwy was approved by City Council Tuesday. Riddick and Wright voted no despite the developer having received letters of endorsement from two neighboring civic leagues.

The article is not available on line best as I can tell, but today's VP contains an article headlined "Extended stay hotel extends building boom near airport".

A five story 120 unit extended stay hotel to be located at the northwest corner of Princess Anne Rd. and Military Hwy was approved by City Council Tuesday. Riddick and Wright voted no despite the developer having received letters of endorsement from two neighboring civic leagues.

This would be a good development. Is this across from the Hilton? Where that little strip like mall is ?

Archived