Breaking the 349 foot Cap...

Hybrid0NE

Which City will be the first to do it?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Which City will be the first to do it?

• Columbia
    • Greenville
    • Myrtle Beach
    • North Charleston
    • Charleston

Everyone gets so wrapped up in towers that although Greenville's skyline has not changed, downtown construction is happening... Riverplace has built 4 buildings and the 5th is going up, the new ballpark has been built, the Field House at the West End has also been built, and McBee Station is about to take off as soon as the city finishes up its work around the site. All of this has happened since the tower announcement boom.

Until towers do go up and more are announced, I'll gladly take the midrise infill that's taking place, along with their street level activity, and take the towers when they come. :thumbsup:

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone gets so wrapped up in towers that although Greenville's skyline has not changed, downtown construction is happening... Riverplace has built 4 buildings and the 5th is going up, the new ballpark has been built, the Field House at the West End has also been built, and McBee Station is about to take off as soon as the city finishes up its work around the site. All of this has happened since the tower announcement boom.

Until towers do go up and more are announced, I'll gladly take the midrise infill that's taking place, along with their street level activity, and take the towers when they come. :thumbsup:

Very true, and there are several great pieces of prime real estate currently available for major highrise developments. :shades:

That is true. McBee Place, expecially, will really boost that area. I'll also be glad when they finish with McBee St.

We should really ask ourselves where the quality infill is taking place in SC. We need that more than skyscrapers.

That is true. McBee Place, expecially, will really boost that area. I'll also be glad when they finish with McBee St.

We should really ask ourselves where the quality infill is taking place in SC. We need that more than skyscrapers.

I think the Big Three are all getting quality infill--Columbia and Greenville moreso than Charleston because Charleston is already pretty dense.

McBee Station. We have a construction thread in the Greenville forum for anyone interested in learning more. ;)

This is true, but the thread is about breaking the 349 foot cap. You need a highrise to do that, quality infill will not do it. The question was about which city will do it first, and I don't think it will be gvile because it is having a lot of trouble getting even the mid rise projects out of the ground. :)

BTW, I could not agree more that Gville is having a lot of quality infill! :thumbsup:

This is true, but the thread is about breaking the 349 foot cap. You need a highrise to do that, quality infill will not do it. The question was about which city will do it first, and I don't think it will be gvile because it is having a lot of trouble getting even the mid rise projects out of the ground. :)

BTW, I could not agree more that Gville is having a lot of quality infill! :thumbsup:

Greenville is not having "trouble getting even the mid-rise projects out of the ground." It is the high-rise projects that are very slow, though not completely dead, thank God. We know that two are very near construction phase, with at least a third project already being planned. Beyond these there are numerous other discussions taking place with concepts being floated around, but no official word yet on when or where they will all be built. The point is that when you step back and look at the whole picture, Greenville is not as gloomy in the new high-rise development department as one would imagine by simply glancing around town. We're all just too impatient to accept the reality of the pre-construction process. :whistling:

Archived