Breaking the 349 foot Cap...

Hybrid0NE

Which City will be the first to do it?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Which City will be the first to do it?

• Columbia
    • Greenville
    • Myrtle Beach
    • North Charleston
    • Charleston

Btoy is right. There are currently plans in the works for a tower in Downtown Greenville that will be over 349 feet tall. The details aren't complete yet, but expect something soon.

That could probably be said about every major city in SC. There are lots of plans for skyscrapers that never get built.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not know when I will be able to share more.

I will say that there was an amazing project in the plannings stages, one that has been hinted at here by someone else, that is going to have to be scaled back a great deal. No, it was not the Woolworth's site project.

I do not know when I will be able to share more.

I will say that there was an amazing project in the plannings stages, one that has been hinted at here by someone else, that is going to have to be scaled back a great deal. No, it was not the Woolworth's site project.

SO not the one hinted at by GvilleSC that was once to be a 27 story tower?

I think 3 20+ story towers, plus the others that will start construction soon (Camperdown, Pinnacle) would put Greenville's skyline on another level. It would also probably move it past Columbia's, although Columbia's is certainly nice as well. And you know if that happened, Columbia would find a way to build one to try and top it! Then we might get our skyscraper war after all. :thumbsup:

I think that placement and architecture are important. Even with 3 additional towers, Columbia's skyline would still be more expansive and denser, but Greenville could certainly excel in the height category.

And you can't leave Myrtle Beach out of the skyscraper war. :thumbsup:

And you can't leave Myrtle Beach out of the skyscraper war. :thumbsup:

Very true except that Myrtle Beach has already won that war in terms of #s. Forgetting what is already there, there are currently more 20+ towers under construction in Myrtle Beach than what exists in any of SC's other cities.

Very true except that Myrtle Beach has already won that war in terms of #s. Forgetting what is already there, there are currently more 20+ towers under construction in Myrtle Beach than what exists in any of SC's other cities.

No doubt about it - Myrtle Beach is exploding with residential condo and hotel/apartment growth. It is exciting to see MB become such a vacation destination in comparison to the best Florida has to offer. :shades:

So, let's see. We have Bob Ellis's secret uptown tower, btoy's tower, and GvilleSC's tower that could potentially all go up. That would be cool if that were to happen. I sure hope it does. :thumbsup:

Now whoever said that the one I know about and the one Bob has hinted at are not the same project? Becasue they are. But, there is another tower planned that has not yet been hinted at on the forum, I can not provide details on that one either.

Now whoever said that the one I know about and the one Bob has hinted at are not the same project? Becasue they are. But, there is another tower planned that has not yet been hinted at on the forum, I can not provide details on that one either.

Oh, I didn't know that. So we have btoy's/Bob Ellis's tower, GvilleSC's tower, the city hall site tower potentially, and now another one btoy is hinting at. So, four towers that could all be potentially over 20 stories tall. :thumbsup:

Archived