Lil' Rhody Lounge | Off-topic posting

Cotuit

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only imagion, im the III, and my family is pissed if I don't name a son the IV

they'll get over it... my cousin who's the III didn't name his kid even remotely after himself. the only reason i want to name my kid after me is because i just happen to like the name "jim". :D but i won't be allowed to name my kid "jim"... :cry:

they'll get over it... my cousin who's the III didn't name his kid even remotely after himself. the only reason i want to name my kid after me is because i just happen to like the name "jim". :D but i won't be allowed to name my kid "jim"... :cry:

I actually like my name as well, but I think it is even cooler to be the IV thats like bad ass crap, cause I like being III.

I'd turn thumbs down to that one too... Does nothing at all for me.

I get the point and the intellectual exercise behind the architecture, but it just doesn't resonate for me.

Oddly, the Old Stone Bank ("rubix-cube") building is kind of from the same school of design, but I like it far, far better than this example.

I can't think of anywhere I would put the building in that photo in Providence today...

- Garris

PS: I'll take the light rail system, though!!!

Edited by Garris

Can anyone recommend a decent place to purchase and get some snow tires put on?

town fair tire? i used the one on douglas in north providence (it's just south of mineral spring) to buy the tires i got for my car. i shopped around for prices on the tires i wanted (i knew the model of the tire i wanted) and after talking to town fair tire (who did not have the best price by the way), they told me they'd beat the competitor by like 10% or something. they also give you free tire rotation every 5000 miles and i think they do free snow tire changeover.

for what it's worth though... i don't know that snow tires are a necessity here in RI unless you travel north a lot. granted, i have an AWD vehicle, but i used to have FWD and never had a problem. the tires i got are really good in rain and rated near the top for snow traction in the all-weather category.

town fair tire? i used the one on douglas in north providence (it's just south of mineral spring) to buy the tires i got for my car. i shopped around for prices on the tires i wanted (i knew the model of the tire i wanted) and after talking to town fair tire (who did not have the best price by the way), they told me they'd beat the competitor by like 10% or something. they also give you free tire rotation every 5000 miles and i think they do free snow tire changeover.

for what it's worth though... i don't know that snow tires are a necessity here in RI unless you travel north a lot. granted, i have an AWD vehicle, but i used to have FWD and never had a problem. the tires i got are really good in rain and rated near the top for snow traction in the all-weather category.

Thanks, just called them and they impressed me over the phone. Seems like a good deal and the free services are a nice bonus. I often head up north to the family in NH so I'll definitely need the snows. Plus the ones I have on now aren't all-seasons.

I will say though, it was really amazing spending last winter down here. It's strange how different the season is between here and my hometown, despite how relatively close they are to each other. It's like a whole different world down here, there's still leaves on the tree outside my window!

Thanks, just called them and they impressed me over the phone. Seems like a good deal and the free services are a nice bonus. I often head up north to the family in NH so I'll definitely need the snows. Plus the ones I have on now aren't all-seasons.

I will say though, it was really amazing spending last winter down here. It's strange how different the season is between here and my hometown, despite how relatively close they are to each other. It's like a whole different world down here, there's still leaves on the tree outside my window!

i was surprised by how helpful and intelligent the people who worked there were. they knew their stuff and answered all my questions.

last year, we got more snow in providence than my fiancee's uncle did in concord, NH (we spend a lot of time there because he skis).