Lil' Rhody Lounge | Off-topic posting

Cotuit

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If any of you guys like science fiction and in particular cyberpunk, I recommed you check out the book Snow Crash by Neil Stephenson..

The reason I say this is that you might find the USA of this book (it is set in the near future but with an alternate recent past) to be funny in a black humor kind of way. Every place looks pretty much the same, the environment is destroyed, the rich live in "burb-claves" which are basically subdivisions that have their own security forces, etc. and of course you will all love how everything (and I really mean everything) is franchised.

the problem with a Snow Crash movie is that it would cost $200 MM to do right and would only appeal to a small subest of the population. So they would spend $50 MM to do it wrong and we would end up with something like Johnny Mnemonic. I do often wonder to myself who I would cast as Hiro Protagonist, YT, and Raven.

I hate to keep bumping the music thread, so I will just complain here that one problem they are having is promotion. Last night The Bravery played at the Century Lounge. I have a few friends that really like them and many who listen to BRU in their cars, etc. None of them knew about this show.

Edited by brick

the problem with a Snow Crash movie is that it would cost $200 MM to do right and would only appeal to a small subest of the population. So they would spend $50 MM to do it wrong and we would end up with something like Johnny Mnemonic. I do often wonder to myself who I would cast as Hiro Protagonist, YT, and Raven.

I hate to keep bumping the music thread, so I will just complain here that one problem they are having is promotion. Last night The Bravery played at the Century Lounge. I have a few friends that really like them and many who listen to BRU in their cars, etc. None of them knew about this show.

bump the music thread when necessary. it's ok. :) that's a topic that doesn't have to end/die just because there hasn't been much discussion on it.

one thing that bothers me is that the lupo's website carries the schedules for the living room and the century lounge, so often i'll check that and not think of checking the century lounge's website. unfortunately, lupo's century lounge and living room calendars don't always have all the shows that the 2 other venues have. that bothers me. if you're gonna show the other calendars, keep them 100% up to date, otherwise get rid of them altogether.

one thing that bothers me is that the lupo's website carries the schedules for the living room and the century lounge, so often i'll check that and not think of checking the century lounge's website. unfortunately, lupo's century lounge and living room calendars don't always have all the shows that the 2 other venues have. that bothers me. if you're gonna show the other calendars, keep them 100% up to date, otherwise get rid of them altogether.

Sounds like a job for the Providence Geeks.

Sounds like a job for the Providence Geeks.

once i get some time and extra money, i'm gonna start a blog and i think it's gonna be a providence music blog featuring 1 band a week or something like that.

oh, and myspace music has a search feature that let's you search by state or zip code now. unfortunately, there are 917 myspace music pages with locations within 5 miles of 02908.

If you are really into the bands, then check their websites, I don't think it is necessary for lupos to keep update with everyone. They put shows they have relations with, or bands that they like.

lupos has a "friends of lupos" section, included in there are century lounge and the living room. one would assume that those pages have full schedules for those locations, but they don't.

i can't go to certain bands websites if i've never heard of the band. i like to see what's playing, then look up the band that's playing. that way i can find new music. lupo's website is flawed.

lupos has a "friends of lupos" section, included in there are century lounge and the living room. one would assume that those pages have full schedules for those locations, but they don't.

i can't go to certain bands websites if i've never heard of the band. i like to see what's playing, then look up the band that's playing. that way i can find new music. lupo's website is flawed.

The website sucks i agree, but I never look at their site for everything, just for some ideas of whats coming up.