Lil' Rhody Lounge | Off-topic posting

Cotuit

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim, your good for another night. :lol: By the way, I am for the Mets because I want to see a Mets/Tigers series, with the Tigers winning of course. :thumbsup:

Fun game to watch last night. I really hope the Mets pull this out!

A Mets/Tigers matchup would be a great one, if only because in some ways, the two teams are very similarly constructed.

My only regret if the Mets made it would be that their new stadium isn't built yet. Shea doesn't deserve yet another World Series. It's a terrible, terrible ballpark...

- Garris

PS: How great would it be if the Mets got New York's revenge on the Tigers? How would the Met-hating Yankees fans (of which I'm obviously not one) feel then?

Edited by Garris

Jim, your good for another night. :lol: By the way, I am for the Mets because I want to see a Mets/Tigers series, with the Tigers winning of course. :thumbsup:

I think its over now though. Have the Mets even figured out who will start Game 7?! I want Detroit to win it all too. Those fans have suffered through some bad teams for many years. I like the Tigers against NY or StL because Detroit's got the pitching.

Anyone try any of the pumpkin beers this fall? I had the one from Blue Moon which you can get anywhere and it was kinda not bad. I've heard there are better pumpkin brews out there - anyone have a favorite?

I think its over now though. Have the Mets even figured out who will start Game 7?! I want Detroit to win it all too. Those fans have suffered through some bad teams for many years. I like the Tigers against NY or StL because Detroit's got the pitching.

Anyone try any of the pumpkin beers this fall? I had the one from Blue Moon which you can get anywhere and it was kinda not bad. I've heard there are better pumpkin brews out there - anyone have a favorite?

i prefer new york teams... just a preference.

i have 2 pumpkin beers at home that i got at nikki's in the north prov shaws. smuttynose and one other (gritty's or grimmys or grimlys or something like that i think, it's not on their beer list on their website).

EDIT: just found it... gritty mucduff's halloween ale.

Edited by runawayjim

i prefer new york teams... just a preference.

i have 2 pumpkin beers at home that i got at nikki's in the north prov shaws. smuttynose and one other (gritty's or grimmys or grimlys or something like that i think, it's not on their beer list on their website).

EDIT: just found it... gritty mucduff's halloween ale.

Dogfish head Pumkin Ale..one of my favorites. Only problem is they come in packs of four like most of their brews.

A Mets/Tigers matchup would be a great one, if only because in some ways, the two teams are very similarly constructed.

What ways would those be?

Edit: I'll give you the obvious Glavine/Rogers comparison. I'll give you the Maine/Verlander comparison. I'll grant you that the bullpens are good. I'll grant you that Wagner & Zumaya are both nasty, although I don't think I'd call that a similarity in construction as much as I'd call that a case of the Mets having money and the Tigers having a productive farm system. The pieces are similar, but the construction? Not so much.

Beyond that, I don't see any similarities. The Tigers are built on pitching with a popgun offense. With Pedro hurt, the Mets are built on offense with a patchwork rotation. The Tigers are homegrown. The Mets are bought.

Edited by Lone Ranger

i'm not surprised about Finnegan's Wake, as it is the title of a crazy James Joyce novel that really lends itself to epic drunken irish bar-ness.

McFaddens is actually a chain although i don't think the one in Providence is connected:

McFadden's Ballpark

McFadden's Boston

McFadden's Chicago

McFadden's Columbus

McFadden's DC

McFadden's NYC

McFadden's Philadelphia

McFadden's Worcester

i'm not surprised about Finnegan's Wake, as it is the title of a crazy James Joyce novel that really lends itself to epic drunken irish bar-ness.

McFaddens is actually a chain although i don't think the one in Providence is connected:

McFadden's Ballpark

McFadden's Boston

McFadden's Chicago

McFadden's Columbus

McFadden's DC

McFadden's NYC

McFadden's Philadelphia

McFadden's Worcester

i had no idea about mcfadden's. finnegan's wake i was not surprised about because that it's an irish novel. i just thought it was odd. my fiancee's friends were talking about nights of drunkenness going between the 2 and i was wondering if they were from RI... but then they were talking about philly. sounds like the bars here aren't much different than the ones in prov (as being for a bunch of drunken dancing people).

i'm sorry to have to clutter up the board with the banalities of car ownership but i have an urban vehicular issue: a rat (i suspect) climbed up into my engine compartment or wheel well or something and expired, and now the car smells like a GIGANTIC RED DEAD RAT. We tried washing the car and power washing the undercarriage but it still is stinky so i think i need a detailer who can steam clean the engine and undercarriage.

Does anyone have an experience with detailers?

Thanks in advance.

i'm sorry to have to clutter up the board with the banalities of car ownership but i have an urban vehicular issue: a rat (i suspect) climbed up into my engine compartment or wheel well or something and expired, and now the car smells like a GIGANTIC RED DEAD RAT. We tried washing the car and power washing the undercarriage but it still is stinky so i think i need a detailer who can steam clean the engine and undercarriage.

Thanks in advance.

you don't need a detailer, you need a mechanic. actually, pull out your air filter. this is quite common. my mother has had mice make nests in there. they get into the ventilation system and can't get out and die there. it takes a little time of airing out before the smell goes away, but just get some strong air fresheners and it'll clear it up. the mechanic will clear out the nest.

Thanks in advance.

Someone called into CarTalk about that once. If runawayjim is correct, you're lucky. If they got in somewhere else, you might not have so easy a time getting rid of the odor. :ph34r:

Thanks in advance.

Good grief!!!!!!! You've killed the guinea pigs that escaped PPM!!! :cry:

Edited by Frankie811