Provi-wood

Cotuit

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's Dan in Real Life supposed to be? Anybody know? I'm guessing comedy, but honestly I have no clue.

I would say comedy is right, since Steve Carrell is the lead actor, and the description fits -->A widower finds out the woman he fell in love with is his brother's girlfriend.

Is it a really good movie? I never saw it, I know Rich Lupo a little he is neighbors with my friend, so we talked a little, but I never even knew he was in the movie, until I did the list.

I love it, of course I dont know if its just because of the providence connection or if its legitimately good. There are some good scenes of old Providence in it (like the westminster mall...) and a lot of great footage of old Providence bands (Specifically The Young Adults). I have it on VHS ($2 used at Blockbuster!) but I would love to have it on dvd...

^ I know a lot of it was filmed in Lupo's right? Did you amazon search for DVD?

Yes - most of it was filmed in the first lupos suring the last weekend it was open - I think it was 1988 or 89.... It was never released on DVD. Rich seems interested in doing it at some point but doesnt know if it would be worth it. It had a limited theatrical release. It played here at the cable car for a long time, but also played arthouse theatres in some other major markets. It got pretty good reviews too.

Per Imdb:

Genre: Comedy / Romance

Plot Outline: A widower finds out the woman he fell in love with is his brother's girlfriend.

It has Dane Cook in it, so I would assume it lies more on the Comedy side of the fence.

According to Disney Films, it is a romantic comedy by disney films.

Anybody know when The Brotherhood will start filming again?

I'm worried that because the show didn't get a Sopranos-like following that it will be forgotten after the long break. 11 episodes and then 8 months with no episodes doesn't really seem like the best way to launch a program, but I'm no TV exec.

I'm worried that because the show didn't get a Sopranos-like following that it will be forgotten after the long break. 11 episodes and then 8 months with no episodes doesn't really seem like the best way to launch a program, but I'm no TV exec.

Word on the street is April/May. I noticed that Sandy's Pub is closed and all borded up (anyone know whats up with that?) and that the storefront for Breen's Liquors is being turned into a hair salon. They're going to have to scout some new locations.

First of all I'm glad that this series was picked up for another season by Showtime, since I really like the characters and story line, and the fact that it is a locally based story. Secondly, it should be noted that this series has had a very marginal cable ratings, and probably just passed getting a second season approved.

Third, I need to know just what happened @ the Rhodes on the Pawtuxet? :lol:

Looks like Downtown Crossing in Boston to me. (assuming the question wasn't just rhetorical)

No, it wasn't rhetorical...I just couldn't quite picture it in Prov. I'm especially disappointed with the big poster being so obviously NYC. I thought that the vision for Capitol City was Providence architecture meets London density. I guess they didn't get enough stills to show poochie on top of the Industrial Trust.

And to be a dog freak in addition to a prov freak, not only do we see two different cities in these images (which aren't prov), we see two different dogs. Poster underdog clearly has a big, white snout with freckles, and flying underdog has a pointy brown nose. GET ME CONTINUITY!

April.

Has anyone seen the movie " A Wake in Providence"? It's several years old and was filmed entirely in Providence. It was a comedy and I'd like to get a dvd copy of it, if anyone knows where. I believe it was a low - medium budget film. Probably independent.

Amazon actually has it in stock. I wonder if maybe Acme has it?

Archived