Provi-wood

Cotuit

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Waterfront has started filming downtown. For those interested you can see the filming outside of city hall. ( washington street )

I for one hope Waterfront is less dark than Brotherhood. Would be nice to see at least some of the "nice" side of Providence and RI.

It got a few seasons in, at least.

I am hoping Brotherhood makes more than one. It is actually getting a bit interesting, and Pawtucket

was in the last one I watched!

I like the show overall. And the nice side of Providence that Providence showed was just a studio in Hollywood.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone catch the Today show today? It was Meredith Viera's first day and NBC really went to town, new theme song and everything (which basically consists of "It's a new day" sung over and over and over). Meredith is from Providence, and went to some grammar school there, also worked for one of the network affiliates there. Anyway Matt Lauer interviewed some of her old classmates from inside the school this morning.

Redgrave, Danes, Streep, Close in Newport for a movie

NEWPORT _ Vanessa Redgrave, Claire Danes, Meryl Streep, Glenn Close, Toni Collette and Natasha Richardson are in the City by the Sea to film the movie Evening, which has begun shooting at The Ledge estate.

Steven Feinberg, director of the Rhode Island Film & Television Office, said yesterday that the entire film will be shot in Newport and in Tiverton

Redgrave, Danes, Streep, Close in Newport for a movie

NEWPORT _ Vanessa Redgrave, Claire Danes, Meryl Streep, Glenn Close, Toni Collette and Natasha Richardson are in the City by the Sea to film the movie Evening, which has begun shooting at The Ledge estate.

Steven Feinberg, director of the Rhode Island Film & Television Office, said yesterday that the entire film will be shot in Newport and in Tiverton

http://www.projo.com/news/content/projo_20...ng.3409e33.html

CH 12 Has just reported that "The Brotherhood" has been picked up for another season. :thumbsup:

I was reading something on Wikitravel that indicated the show had been renamed to "The Hill". I can't find any indication of this on Showtime.com though so I'm not sure why someone would say that. Of course it also incorrectly said the show was about the Italian mafia..

http://wikitravel.org/en/Providence#See

Yeah, and it was cancelled.

"Providence" was one of NBC's top shows and ran for several years...as with all shows when they reach the level point, they are not re-newed - not cancelled.

It is still a popular re-run on Lifetime. Name a couple of shows called "Detroit, Tampa, Cleveland,,, hummmm none.

You al should be very proud of the great image of a great city that show projected.

You al should be very proud of the great image of a great city that show projected.

Ugh, I hated that image, it was such BS! They didn't even attempt to throw in any of the fun Rhode Island stereotypes or accents. Family Guy, on the other hand, is a much more accurate representation. Lol.

It's gone a bit unnoticed, but another movie is being shot in RI - its' called "Evening", and the cast looks superb; Glenn Close, Claire Daines, Meryl Streep, Vanessa Redgrave. Ite's being filemd in Newport and Tiverton - they were in town over the weekend shooting in the Stone Bridge/Grinells Beach area.

More in this film on iMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0765447/

I was reading something on Wikitravel that indicated the show had been renamed to "The Hill". I can't find any indication of this on Showtime.com though so I'm not sure why someone would say that.

http://wikitravel.org/en/Providence#See

"The Hill" was one of the names being used while season one was still in production. The finalized on Brotherhood a good 6 months or more before it premiered.

Did anyone catch Cicilline on this weeks episode? I was very amused (and it was a really good episode to boot). Im excited that it got picked up for a second season. I honestly wasnt expecting it.

I was reading something on Wikitravel that indicated the show had been renamed to "The Hill".

"The Hill" was one of the names being used while season one was still in production. The finalized on Brotherhood a good 6 months or more before it premiered.

The danger of getting information off of a wiki-something.

It's gone a bit unnoticed, but another movie is being shot in RI - its' called "Evening", and the cast looks superb; Glenn Close, Claire Daines, Meryl Streep, Vanessa Redgrave. Ite's being filemd in Newport and Tiverton - they were in town over the weekend shooting in the Stone Bridge/Grinells Beach area.

More in this film on iMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0765447/

Noooooooo, it hasen't gone unnoticed!

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...st&p=558702

we were discussing it today and decided that paul giamatti would be a great choice.

Sorry for the late relpy..I was just thinking that Anthony La Paglia ("Without a Trace" -TV and "Analyze That "- Movie) would be great....physically close to the younger Cianci and excellent linguist to handle the Providence slang/inflections

Search on his name and take a look.

Archived