Provi-wood

Cotuit

Did anyone watch the Brotherhood finale last night? I thought it was fantastic. For those of you without showtime, the entire season is being released on DVD tomorrow. Its relatively cheap too ($29 iirc)

I'm two weeks behind, but I will definitely get caught up soon. i'm glad it was picked up for another season. Now let's hope they develop some more interesting storylines rather than planting five dozen of them and ignoring half of them (i.e. the mom trying to organize a union).

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for the late relpy..I was just thinking that Anthony La Paglia ("Without a Trace" -TV and "Analyze That "- Movie) would be great....physically close to the younger Cianci and excellent linguist to handle the Providence slang/inflections

Search on his name and take a look.

I forgot about him, he'd be awesome! I love him in Without a Trace.

Okay, if the Brotherhood finale was on last night, then why did I see the first season on DVD for sale on Friday night???

Did anyone watch the Brotherhood finale last night? I thought it was fantastic. For those of you without showtime, the entire season is being released on DVD tomorrow. Its relatively cheap too ($29 iirc)

I completely agree, the finale was the best episode of the season. Nicely tied up the various major plot lines and set a few in motion for next season. Soprano's could actually learn a thing or two about how well they ended the season. I'd give the first season a B+ overall.

I completely agree, the finale was the best episode of the season. Nicely tied up the various major plot lines and set a few in motion for next season. Soprano's could actually learn a thing or two about how well they ended the season. I'd give the first season a B+ overall.

I'm hooked... You make a great point about the Soprano's needing to learn a thing or two about how to end, weather it be the season or an episode. The one thing I think brother hood could do that Sopranos and many other HBO shows do is incorparat the internet into the show. Having more insider information about the storyline was awsome for the Soprono's. While every one was busy blasting the writers for leaving you high and dry, I was eager to watch the teaser and the other stuff they had on the site...

I'm hooked... You make a great point about the Soprano's needing to learn a thing or two about how to end, weather it be the season or an episode. The one thing I think brother hood could do that Sopranos and many other HBO shows do is incorparat the internet into the show. Having more insider information about the storyline was awsome for the Soprono's. While every one was busy blasting the writers for leaving you high and dry, I was eager to watch the teaser and the other stuff they had on the site...

That would add to the show if they made a better website. Maybe in time they will if the show does well.

Just a follow up is there a "List" of everything going on in Providence?

I'm fairly certain that Waterfront is the only active project at the moment. Underdog, The Education of Charlie Banks, and Normal Adolescent Behavior have all wrapped, and Brotherhood doesnt start back up until April.

There are a few other movies coming up this year with Rhode Island filming locations:

The Three Stooges

Side By Each

Dan In Real Life

Evening

Does anyone know of anything else?

:thumbsup:

I'm fairly certain that Waterfront is the only active project at the moment. Underdog, The Education of Charlie Banks, and Normal Adolescent Behavior have all wrapped, and Brotherhood doesnt start back up until April.

There are a few other movies coming up this year with Rhode Island filming locations:

The Three Stooges

Side By Each

Dan In Real Life

Evening

Does anyone know of anything else?

Thanks, and especially thanks for the IMDb tags made my life so much easier

Joe Pantoliano came into the Providence Tomorrow thing as we were leaving asking "what are they selling?" I said "Dreams, my friend," and kept on walkin'. He should have just given me my SAG card right there.

I thought I saw him! Sweet.

Joe Pantoliano came into the Providence Tomorrow thing as we were leaving asking "what are they selling?" I said "Dreams, my friend," and kept on walkin'. He should have just given me my SAG card right there.

I heard he's the parade speaker at this weekends Newport Columbus Day Parade.

• 3 weeks later...

So Dan in Real Life is in nice full production. Monday night they were at the Apex Ziggurat (at least I think it was them) in the bucket, and last night they were all over Hope St. They converted Seven Stars into "YUMMS Bakery" and did filming there all day yesterday and yesterday evening.

Not related to Prov per se, but The Rock is filming a movie in Boston (The Game Plan) and has been working out at my gym near where I work. The man really is as large as he appears on screen.

So Dan in Real Life is in nice full production. Monday night they were at the Apex Ziggurat (at least I think it was them) in the bucket, and last night they were all over Hope St. They converted Seven Stars into "YUMMS Bakery" and did filming there all day yesterday and yesterday evening.

Not related to Prov per se, but The Rock is filming a movie in Boston (The Game Plan) and has been working out at my gym near where I work. The man really is as large as he appears on screen.

Yesterday they were calling for extras to come to Gillette dressed in red and black for a football game scene. Except the stadium is supposed to be in Arizona so you had to dress in summer clothes... Wonder how that worked out.

Archived