Provi-wood

Cotuit

In my continuing quest to self promote

You Must Be This Tall has been held over for a third week at the Warwick Showcase starting today. We have also been held over for a third week of matinees at the Cable car, and we are screening Sat and Sun at the Narragansett Theatre as well. Lincoln RI and Mystic CT will hopefully be coming soon.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

It looks like this is our final week in Theatres. The run at Showcase Warwick is scheduled to close on Thursday (unless there was some crazy influx of people this week). We have five shows a day until then. With any luck we might do a short run at the little arthouse theatre in Mystic CT as well as a screening or two in Boston, but we dont have anything definite on those yet. Right now all focus is on getting the DVD in stores for December 11th.

Leeron Von Selfpromotion

Dammit why did I read this thread TODAY?!

Oh well, guess I'm buying a DVD.

We just got a last minute extension at Warwick Showcase, so our 6th week starts there on Friday. The DVD will be great, but I think the movie really plays best with a big audience. I think they are scaling us back on friday from 5 shows a day to 3. I'm amazed we actually got a 6th week.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got a last minute extension at Warwick Showcase, so our 6th week starts there on Friday. The DVD will be great, but I think the movie really plays best with a big audience. I think they are scaling us back on friday from 5 shows a day to 3. I'm amazed we actually got a 6th week.

Our local Theatrical run is now complete and we have the DVD up for pre-orders on the website. Huzzah!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I started packing up the first of our DVD pre-orders for shipment last night. We have a few hundred orders to go out so it will take a while. December 11th is our in-store date and it looks like the lineup will be Borders, Barnes & Noble, Bennys, Newbury Comics, Whole Foods, Only in RI, and a handfull of mom and pops. Tonight we're doing an event at the Roger Williams Park Carousel and on Monday we premiere on RI PBS.

• 4 weeks later...

From the projo blog

The Rhode Island Film and Television Office announced that actor Richard Gere, who is starring with Joan Allen in a movie that will be filmed entirely in Rhode Island, is due to take the stage at the State House tomorrow.

Gere, who is also the movie's producer, is expected in the State House rotunda at 2 p.m. as part of an official welcome for the filming of Hachiko: A Dog Story

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

what's the name of the band?

Doh. I updated my post. It's Neutral Nation. They have been together for over 25 years and really defined providence punk in the late 80's. The movie will focus on their history, the evolution of punk rock in providence, and what keeps 4 guys in a band for 25 years without making any money.

Doh. I updated my post. It's Neutral Nation. They have been together for over 25 years and really defined providence punk in the late 80's. The movie will focus on their history, the evolution of punk rock in providence, and what keeps 4 guys in a band for 25 years without making any money.

I was way off, but thats awesome. Its not really related but I feel like www.13thstaterecords.com is a pretty cool part of RI music history.

I was way off, but thats awesome. Its not really related but I feel like www.13thstaterecords.com is a pretty cool part of RI music history.

I had never checked out 13thstate before, but in their list of stuff they are selling they have a live CD by the PIST that was recorded on my radio show in 1995. Funny!

Archived