Provi-wood

Cotuit

Well our premiere date is just about here. Our first press screening is a week from today and then our Premiere is on the 7th in Woonsocket and then its off to Newport on the 13th and Narragansett on the 29th and 30th. After that we will hopefully be making our way to a megaplex or two. I have been going insane with promotions stuff and passing out postcards and posters and whatnot. Lots of stress and fun. I just hope it's as good as it can be.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So now Im the jerk replying to my own posts...

We just got word that the premiere in Woonsocket is entirely sold out. The press screening last night went REALLY well and I think we will be getting good reviews tomorrow. If you don't have seats in Woonsocket come check it out in Newport on the 13th.

</self promotion>

Liam

Hopefully Im not delving way out of forum bounds into self promotion, but the week of Sept 14th - 20th we will be at Showcase Warwick at 1:05, 3:00, 5:00, 7:00, 9:05 and a late 11:00pm show on Fri/Sat only. They booked us into their largest auditorium and cardi's is putting us into another full page ad on Thursday. Awesome.

We will also be in Providence at the Cable Car:

Showing at 7:00 and 9:30 pm daily, weekend matinees at 1:30 and 3:30 pm

Liam

I don't like driving. Can you bring it to Cinemaworld in Lincoln? :P

We have actually already been in talks with them to cover the northern end of the state. Word has it that their digital projection system isnt fantastic and I think they only have it in one house. Showcase on the other hand had a bunch of Digital projectors that we can tap into.

We have actually already been in talks with them to cover the northern end of the state. Word has it that their digital projection system isnt fantastic and I think they only have it in one house. Showcase on the other hand had a bunch of Digital projectors that we can tap into.

Liam is it going to be at the Columbus?

Not for now at least. They didnt feel they couldn't get a big enough crowd with it showing at Showcase. I would love for it to play the Columbus at some point though.

Thats odd, they play a ton of other local films that dont necessarily pack the place. It would be nice for it to be in the neighborhood.

Thats odd, they play a ton of other local films that dont necessarily pack the place. It would be nice for it to be in the neighborhood.

Maybe we can do a DVD release party screening there. It really is a great place. We probably would have had our premiere there, but the Stadium actively courted us and did a lot to help us out.

Maybe we can do a DVD release party screening there. It really is a great place. We probably would have had our premiere there, but the Stadium actively courted us and did a lot to help us out.

Thats cool that the Stadium was a good friend of the movie. My reasons for wanting it at the Columbus are purely selfish. :)

I'm too young to remember Rocky Point, so I can't claim to have any emotional attachment to the park. But I enjoyed the history, and more importantly, I found it to be a very interesting study in Rhode Islanders, Liam. Great work.

I think it is as much a movie about the history of Rhode Island accents as it is about an amusement park.

and thanks!!

Archived