Provi-wood

Cotuit

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have watched them all so far and I think each episode is better than the last. I'm totally into it now even though I thought it was pretty mediocre at first. Last nights and the week before were both fantastic. I agree that the statehouse stuff seems extremely authentic. The whole buying up the houses thing is last nights episode was spot-on.

Is there actually a place that you can get clam cakes on the Seekonk River/upper bay in E. Prov? I know there is the yacht club over there but I didn't realize there was any place to eat.

Is there actually a place that you can get clam cakes on the Seekonk River/upper bay in E. Prov? I know there is the yacht club over there but I didn't realize there was any place to eat.

Yes there is... Not that bad of place.... great bar. I cent think of the name. It is in east providence right off of v.m. pkway.

PS, I totally wanted to go there as soon as I saw it on the show. I don't even care if they put corn in their stuffies. Allowing Brotherhood to film there was probably worth a thousand years of paid advertisement for that place. I must put air in my bike tires and ride over the Washington Bridge post haste!

PS, I totally wanted to go there as soon as I saw it on the show. I don't even care if they put corn in their stuffies. Allowing Brotherhood to film there was probably worth a thousand years of paid advertisement for that place. I must put air in my bike tires and ride over the Washington Bridge post haste!

I thought that scence was filmed at the hot club? Anyways, the Yatch Club is a cops bar.

Russel Crowe?

WHY! WHY! :cry:

Oh no, is it confirmed now?? Someone better teach him the accent right, I can't stand how no film ever gets the RI accent right (except for Outside Providence). Even Family Guy screws it up a little. Brooklyn meets Boston people, get it right!

Do people not like Crowe just because he is a jerk or because they honestly think that he isn't a good actor?

My feeling is that he is a fine actor who is feeling backlash from being hyped as a great actor. He's no Brando or even Ed Norton, but I'm thinking he will pull this off a lot better than people are giving him credit for.

Do people not like Crowe just because he is a jerk or because they honestly think that he isn't a good actor?

My feeling is that he is a fine actor who is feeling backlash from being hyped as a great actor. He's no Brando or even Ed Norton, but I'm thinking he will pull this off a lot better than people are giving him credit for.

i can't picture him as buddy... i think it should be an italian... like deniro. :D

Russell Crowe is by far one of the worst choices to play Buddy Cianci. He can't even remotely pass for Italian...never mind getting an accent right. Paul Giamatti would have been great and not commanded the $$ that a DeNiro would have...If there was any interest in seeing this movie, I've lost it completely!!! :sick:

Russell Crowe is by far one of the worst choices to play Buddy Cianci. He can't even remotely pass for Italian...never mind getting an accent right. Paul Giamatti would have been great and not commanded the $$ that a DeNiro would have...If there was any interest in seeing this movie, I've lost it completely!!! :sick:

we were discussing it today and decided that paul giamatti would be a great choice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived