Provi-wood

Cotuit

Seriously, anyone know an address I can send a letter to? I was excited when I heard Paul Giamatti's name attached to this (maybe it will finally get him his Oscar). Russell Crowe will ruin it. And I don't want Russell Crowe comming here for filming. He might throw a phone at me! :ph34r:

While I also can't stand Russell Crowe I think he'd do an awesome job of portraying Buddy. They both seem to have these Jekyll and Hyde personas, going from nice, happy fellas to temperamental, ego maniacs in a heartbeat. The similarities between these two are actually quite numerous. I don't think Giamatti has a strong enough presence on screen to really portray Cianci's charisma and temper.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the second episode of Brotherhood last night was much better than the first. I especially liked beating the tar out of college kids for peeing on the sidewalk on "the hill". I've wanted to do the same on a few occasions.

"Brotherhood" viewers dropping like flies. :(

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle....NGS-WEEK-DC.XML

Some reviews

http://www.tv.com/brotherhood/show/59747/reviews.html

Not surprising. Showtime let tons of people watch the first one for free, but for subsequent episodes you have to be a Showtime subscriber.

You do not need to be a subscriber to watch the episodes. If you have Cox digital service just go to On Demand and watch it for free on Showtime on demand. But it won't be at the same time that it's appears on Showtime. Maybe the next day or so. That's how i've been watching the series since I work nights. I like the show and get a big kick when they mention and/or show local landmarks. The political scenes in this show is almost too real. Sometimes laughable 'cause it's true RI.

How can anyone expect a new TV show (on a channel that you have to pay extra for) to grab high viewership when it premieres in the middle of summer when most people are outside enjoying the weather? I know of several shows that I love to watch, but I only watch them in the winter when it is cold out and I'm tired of reading...

Yeah, there was a nice full page notice in Friday's journal thanking the businesses and govermental officials of RI who helped with this project. Nice touch :thumbsup: Hope they'll be back in spite of the lousy weather. Oh, and the grass at Station Park looks terrible. :huh:

Governor irked by takeover of state house

http://www.projo.com/news/content/projo_20...31.1793335.html

he sounds like he's just whining... honestly, other than removing the chandelier, i don't think there's really any reason to be upset, unless they were a hinderance on the daily operations of the state house (aside from the tourists wishing to see the inside of it). i would think that they would have had to state their intentions before filming in there and i'm sure the governor knew ahead of time that they wouldn't be able to have tourists walking through the state house during filming...

he sounds like he's just whining... honestly, other than removing the chandelier, i don't think there's really any reason to be upset, unless they were a hinderance on the daily operations of the state house (aside from the tourists wishing to see the inside of it). i would think that they would have had to state their intentions before filming in there and i'm sure the governor knew ahead of time that they wouldn't be able to have tourists walking through the state house during filming...

Seems silly to get your panties in a twist over the state flag being taken down to film for a day or two.

Seems silly to get your panties in a twist over the state flag being taken down to film for a day or two.

Oh, I don't know. Ever had houseguests from California? I think it was the last straw.

The show is really bad though, besides seeing the landmarks, the accents are bad, the storyline is bad... And atleast I feel that the show runs very slowly and is hard to stay interested in.

Has anyone been watching the show? I get a big kick out of the mentioning of local references, like landmarks and restuarant. They even had a Cardi's delivery truck in one episode. :lol: They seem to love eating at the Onlyville NY System. And what happens at the state house is almost too real. :ph34r:

Has anyone been watching the show? I get a big kick out of the mentioning of local references, like landmarks and restuarant. They even had a Cardi's delivery truck in one episode. :lol: They seem to love eating at the Onlyville NY System. And what happens at the state house is almost too real. :ph34r:

I have watched them all so far and I think each episode is better than the last. I'm totally into it now even though I thought it was pretty mediocre at first. Last nights and the week before were both fantastic. I agree that the statehouse stuff seems extremely authentic. The whole buying up the houses thing is last nights episode was spot-on.

Archived