Provi-wood

Cotuit

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what makes a movie go straight to dvd?? it looks entertaining though to me

Generally they would screen it for test audiences to judge how it might do, then compare the cost of marketing versus the potential for box office return. They would also take a look at current movie trends and what types of competing films are coming out when. Generally if something is not artsy, but doesnt seem like it would have wide mass market appeal either they will go straight to DVD. Its much cheaper to market and produce and the bang for your buck revenue wise can be a lot better than a movie that doesnt do particularly well on a lot of screens.

They did I think 6 shows in RI/Southeastern Mass. They were here over the summer. The cast and crew LOVED Providence and they actually came back for a second round of filming here.

When was the other one of RI aired? I actually saw part of the "new" one I guess it was new, is it me or has the show continuely done worse and worse things to people houses?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

brotherhood is filming season 2 later this spring, a new pilot, "I'm Paige Armstrong", will be shot here later this month, and I think 1 more pilot, "Canterbury's law", in April.. will be set in providence.. but shot in NYC, with maybe a few shots taken here.

This was in todays projo but I cannot find it in mi casa to scan and I dont see a link online.. sorry for being lazy

brotherhood is filming season 2 later this spring, a new pilot, "I'm Paige Armstrong", will be shot here later this month, and I think 1 more pilot, "Canterbury's law", in April.. will be set in providence.. but shot in NYC, with maybe a few shots taken here.

This was in todays projo but I cannot find it in mi casa to scan and I dont see a link online.. sorry for being lazy

Political-drama pilot to film in Providence this month. http://www.projo.com/tv/content/LB_TVPILOT...F4.231abd5.html

Political-drama pilot to film in Providence this month. http://www.projo.com/tv/content/LB_TVPILOT...F4.231abd5.html

In other pilot news, a one-hour pilot for Fox called Canterbury

what is it with these shows and movies taking place in providence, but being filmed in NY? what's the point of that? is carcieri that pissed about the underdog people that he's making it difficult for others to film in providence?

Vinny Paz will star in a movie to be filmed in RI in mid-May. http://www.projo.com/news/content/vinny_pa...ER.3442c79.html

for the sake of RI, i hope this movie is a complete flop and no one sees it. vinny really is an embarrassment...

what is it with these shows and movies taking place in providence, but being filmed in NY? what's the point of that? is carcieri that pissed about the underdog people that he's making it difficult for others to film in providence?

i'm going to guess that it has something to do with NY being more set up to make televisions shows, between actors and sound stages and people who are qualified to work?

Saw them around...Paramount trucks too.

ALSO, does anyone know the deal with the premier of Brooklyn Rules? The old Daily Bread is plastered with posters for it, and it looks like it is premiering at the Columbus....

Haddad trucks were on Dorrance today. Has Brotherhood started up a little early?

If anyone plans to see Shooter, take a close look at some of the backgrounds in the Philadelphia scenes. Specifically in the beginning when the protagonist is scouting the area and when the young FBI agent is checking the scene of the crime.

Archived