Provi-wood

Cotuit

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched the first episode of Brotherhood last night. I liked it, but I'm not sure if it was actually good or if I just liked it because of the local scenery. Its not the type of thing I would normally watch - I like hour long dramas, but not so much in the crime and politics vein. The acting was very good, but the accents were horrible. When did Providence move to boston? I'm pretty local and pretty Irish, but I dont talk like a Kennedy. However I will never be able to goto Symposium books again without thinking of severed ears.

I just watched Brotherhood, it was pretty good, not exactly my cup of tea, but I'll continue watching it if only for the city shots.

Southwest Airlines magazine "Spirit" has a full piece in the Television and Film section on the five (5) most recent movies/TV productions based in Providence. Very complementary.

Waterfront

Underdog

O.C.

Family Guy

Brotherhood

Southwest Airlines magazine "Spirit" has a full piece in the Television and Film section on the five (5) most recent movies/TV productions based in Providence. Very complementary.

Waterfront

Underdog

O.C.

Family Guy

Brotherhood

I was just going to post that! You stole my thunder! :D

I kept the magazine so I'll get around to scanning the blurb eventually.

They laughed at me up in Canada when I ordered un cafe avec glace.

As long as you figured out creme glace I'm sure you were fine.

I liked the show. It is very Providence except that I'm not quite familiar with any Irish immigrant style neighborhoods anymore. I'm glad they did it in Providence but the way they talked and acted was more like South Boston or the Irish part of Dorchester.

My very favorite thing was when he came out of the backroom after making a handshake deal just to open his speech with the oft-repeated "here's to the new RI where shday backroom deals are gone" or whatever. It seems pretty typical.

The shots of the Statehouse interior are really great.

For what it's worth, I liked it. It reminded me of the early seasons of Saproano's, before it became a parody of itself. I thought the first five minutes made the city look horrible. But I guess a beatdown outside of Tazza isn

It's like a cross between The Shield and The Sopranos, because there are public figures involved and the "good guys" are into some bad things.

I'll definitely keep watching, even though the pilot started off kinda slow.

As long as you figured out creme glace I'm sure you were fine.

I liked the show. It is very Providence except that I'm not quite familiar with any Irish immigrant style neighborhoods anymore. I'm glad they did it in Providence but the way they talked and acted was more like South Boston or the Irish part of Dorchester.

My very favorite thing was when he came out of the backroom after making a handshake deal just to open his speech with the oft-repeated "here's to the new RI where shday backroom deals are gone" or whatever. It seems pretty typical.

The shots of the Statehouse interior are really great.

There were parts of Smith Hill that were very Irish in the 70's and 80's. As far as today, Adams Village and Neponset in Dorchester are still big Irish immigrant enclaves. They've been priced out of Southie. Most of them work in construction and painting jobs.

CBS to air Brotherhood this Saturday [ProJo 7to7 Newsblog]

"We're extraordinarily proud of Brotherhood and we want to showcase it to the most viewers and potential Showtime subscribers possible," said Showtime CEO Matthew C. Blank, in a statement.

Seems this is Showtime's big show.

Oh please maude no! I actually want to see the movie:

People: Russell Crowe wants to play Buddy Cianci in Prince of Providence [ProJo.com]

I can't stand Russell Crowe, and I don't think I'd watch the film if he were in it. Only thing worse I can think of is Tom Cruise. :sick:

Seriously, anyone know an address I can send a letter to? I was excited when I heard Paul Giamatti's name attached to this (maybe it will finally get him his Oscar). Russell Crowe will ruin it. And I don't want Russell Crowe comming here for filming. He might throw a phone at me! :ph34r:

Oh my god we cannot let Russell Crowe play Buddy. That would be awful. It needs to be an Italian, and he is the farthest thing from Italian... The thought of him trying to act Italian or even worse, trying to pull off a Rhode Island accent is just horrifying.

My vote is for me to play Buddy, at least in his younger years. I'm Italian and I'm mean and angry and have a huge nose and appetite. It can be my breakout movie. :whistling:

Ch 12 will broadcast the first episode of The Brotherhood tonight @ 10pm

I thought the second episode of Brotherhood last night was much better than the first. I especially liked beating the tar out of college kids for peeing on the sidewalk on "the hill". I've wanted to do the same on a few occasions.

Archived