Provi-wood

Cotuit

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So my friend tattooed Fred Durst today, who aparrently not only did it all for the nookie, but is also shooting a movie in town. Details here:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0783515/

and here:

http://www.projo.com/lifebeat/content/proj...e.128b9890.html

I had seen trailers on East Ave last week that were not swank enough to be Underdog - It must have been ole Fred. I cant stand him, but it does star the kid who played the oldest son in The Squid and The Whale which I loved, so maybe it wont be all bad.

So my friend tattooed Fred Durst today, who aparrently not only did it all for the nookie, but is also shooting a movie in town. Details here:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0783515/

and here:

http://www.projo.com/lifebeat/content/proj...e.128b9890.html

I had seen trailers on East Ave last week that were not swank enough to be Underdog - It must have been ole Fred. I cant stand him, but it does star the kid who played the oldest son in The Squid and The Whale which I loved, so maybe it wont be all bad.

Just wait till I tell you'all about this Fred Durst thing....

Showtime has a new video the Brotherhood series - Brotherhood: The Neighborhood (Watch a tour of Providence), which discusses in detail the use of Providence as almost a character in the series.

Showtime

There was a premiere showing last night at the Avon on Thayer St. I would have been nice if there was advanced notice. :huh:

There was a premiere showing last night at the Avon on Thayer St. I would have been nice if there was advanced notice. :huh:

There actually was a full page ad in last Thursdays Projo which you needed for entry. Of course I stopped reading actual paper newspapers about 6 or 7 years ago, so alas I did not have a golden ticket. lame.

July 9, right?

For some reason I want to say the 16th, but the 9th might be right. The dvr only has a week or at most two of programming in it, so whenever it debuts, it hasn't hit the dvr menu yet.

i just ordered digital cable so i can tivo Brotherhood AND the tour de france.

The dam Tour! :)

It is the whole reason I have digital cable (until I became addicted to the DVR). I love the OLN Tour coverage. It was even better when I worked from home and could watch live! Oh well, I can still record the stages.

Good point, since I have digital cable, showtime probably isn't that much more expensive. Rats, now I have to call COX...

I wonder how many locals will watch just to see the city on TV.

I went to the premiere at Avon last night. It was pretty cool, some of the actors from the show were there, including the "good" brother played by Jason Clarke. He was out front doing photo ops with the local politicians and the like (Murphy, Montalbano, Ciciline, etc.). Before the show the ceo of Showtime gave a little speech that was actually kinda of entertaining, and then the aforementioned politicians each got there 2 minutes in the spotlight (ho hum). The pilot itself was very good. Had scenes on Westminster outside of Tazza, Olneyville NY System hotdogs, state house, Rhodes on the Pawtuxet, Hot club, etc. I'd say there is definitely a future for this show. Reminded me of a cross between Sopranos and the Wire.

brotherhood had a full 2 page ad in GQ magazine as well as another .. I think Vanity Fair

They did one in Entertainment Weekly too...

Today I found that the Pilot is already up on Showtime InDemand - Im psyched to watch it tonight after the kids are in bed.

Liam

The guy from the Brotherhood "called" me last night in a recorded message from Cox, trying to get me to sign up for Showtime. I believe the deal was 5 dollars a month for three months, which isn't too bad.

Speaking of television being filmed in RI, how about the Open? The fog ... well, stuff happens, but since then, the course looks pretty good, very much like a British course IMO. There's no helping the standing water, but the course is definitely giving the pros all they can handle.

Archived