MIAMI | Downtown, Brickell, Omni, Edgewater

bobliocatt

Developer Pedro Martin of Terra Development announces plans for Herald land.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/12788074.htm

They will include a 7 story shopping mall called City Square (965,798-square-feet).

"Edie Laquer, who brokered the land sale and is involved in the development's planning, compared the project to the recently completed mixed-use Time Warner Center in New York City.

She said the development would be pedestrian-oriented with large outdoor open spaces, along with high-end shops, restaurants and cafes that would ``economically support the Performing Arts Center and enliven it.''

but there's more.

Also on tap are two 62 story condo buildings.

These will be west of the where the current Herald headquarters is located on empty parking lots.

This is combined with a 64 story cond that Terra proposed for the lot north of the Herald property (I missed this one). Also another 64 tower on the land that the Herald buildling currently sits. That property is currently not for sale however.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

whoa,similiar to time warner center thats awesome.....i just hope the buildings don't look as ugly as time warner center .

the only thing that i don't like about this development is the fact that terra likes to stay under the height limits,they should challlenge it maybe pay a couple of dollars under the table for some height.

but the things i do like about this development are that its arquitectonica and that its going to very dense and pedestrian oriented,now what about the omni....

Developer Pedro Martin of Terra Development announces plans for Herald land.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/12788074.htm

They will include a 7 story shopping mall called City Square (965,798-square-feet).

"Edie Laquer, who brokered the land sale and is involved in the development's planning, compared the project to the recently completed mixed-use Time Warner Center in New York City.

She said the development would be pedestrian-oriented with large outdoor open spaces, along with high-end shops, restaurants and cafes that would ``economically support the Performing Arts Center and enliven it.''

but there's more.

Also on tap are two 62 story condo buildings.

These will be west of the where the current Herald headquarters is located on empty parking lots.

This is combined with a 64 story cond that Terra proposed for the lot north of the Herald property (I missed this one). Also another 64 tower on the land that the Herald buildling currently sits. That property is currently not for sale however.

Renderings! Renderings! Renderings!

Any idea how the three lots will be distributed? There are two lots right in front and 1 on biscayne, any idea what will go where?

It has changed dramatically.I just cant wait to see the 50-70+ story buildings.Ill probably be far into the U.S.Air Force by the time I see the Miami boom dying off.lol.

Well, by then you'll be able to fly over in your F-22 and take some sweet shots of the finished skyline for us. ;)

great to hear about infinity finally breaking ground

thanks I found them.. I'll post em here

Electra I

Electra%20NE1.jpg

Electra II

ElectraII001.jpg

Electra on the Bay

ElectraontheBay.jpg

They all look great:)

1101 brickell, another tallest

There's some new, sleeker renderings of 1101 Brickell up on Kobi Karp's website. I don't see the existing building in these versions, have they decided to tear it down?

1101Brickell(new%2010.05)005.jpg

1101Brickell(new%2010.05)003.jpg

Very subtle and tactful. I'm impressed. Let's change the name of Electra II to Oedipus!

Hmm...You Miami forumers seem to be smarter than the average bear...

Yogi-portrait.jpg

Whatever the case, I love the renderings.

The views from the Infinity don't look so bad either. :)

The Electra complex looks really nice. Electra II reminds me of Atlanta's Spire Midtown building that was just completed.

Anyone who has an interest in psychology should read this post again...

Not all of us.. I'm mad it took me like 20 min to get that..

NEWay, when would construction begin on the 1101 Brickel, and how many stories are planed for that site?

Archived