MIAMI | Downtown, Brickell, Omni, Edgewater

bobliocatt

Don't like a traffic circle? Just run it over... Some residents aren't too happy about some new traffic circles being installed in The Roads neighborhood, just south of Brickell... so much so that some have inflicted road rage on them.  :lol:

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/12054103.htm

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No doubt the mild lateral 'g' forces have addled their brains.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reminded of the Dead Milkmen song "you'll dance to anything" but I've changed the words to "you'll complain about anything".

The temporary circles were rather jarring to look at when I first encountered them, but the finished ones are quite beautiful.

145376890676.jpg

Thanks in part to the city's real estate boom, the city of Miami will not have to increase its property tax rate this year, which currently stands at 9.66625 mills. A Miami city resident pays about $26.24 per $1,000 of assessed value, once combined with county, school, library, and water management taxes.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/local/12080427.htm

Thanks in part to the city's real estate boom, the city of Miami will not have to increase its property tax rate this year, which currently stands at 9.66625 mills. A Miami city resident pays about $26.24 per $1,000 of assessed value, once combined with county, school, library, and water management taxes.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/local/12080427.htm

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wait a minute, not increasing taxes ?! What will they think of next ? :blink:;)

If so, that's silly. I think just the leading curb does add definition and aesthtics, but the pavers actually detract. Instead, place some bushes, palms, greenery As far as visibility for drivers, in neighborhood roads such as this, you want to make it MORE difficult for motorists to see around the bend. That calms traffic and lowers speeds and thus risk.

I was referring more to the driver actually being able to see the edge of the curb so that they don't either 1) drive straight across it, or 2) side-swipe it while they're trying to navigate around it (giving the safer drivers and those with poor depth perception the benefit of the doubt here) .. :)

A little story about Starck, the designer of Icon Brickell.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/business/12144921.htm

He says: ''Miami is the most exploding, rich cocktail in the world,''

and

''We want to speak to the smart tribe,'' Starck said several hours before attending one of Miami's trademark condo parties, in this case for Icon Brickell. ``More human, more modern with a vision. People that know the center of a city is the best place to live.''

• 2 weeks later...

Some news on Oasis on the Bay, a new Related project: a 20-story tower, 430 units, proposed for Miami's Upper East Side neighborhood (79th to 87th Streets). One of the few condo projects to be marketed in the $200k-300k range. It may face opposition from area residents who don't want high rises in their neighborhood.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/business/12240721.htm

There are areas in the Little Haiti and Upper East Side areas that could really use some rehab... I hope this one gets approved.

Hey they tore down that little multiplex inside the Omni mall in about 24 hrs!

I looked one day its closed off I look again its flat!

Now what?

Also, I hear the developer who bought the Herald land will be coming out with his "Master Plan" (I thought only evil geniouses have master plans lol) by next week. Heres anxiously awaiting.

Also, I hear the developer who bought the Herald land will be coming out with his "Master Plan" (I thought only evil geniouses have master plans lol) by next week.  Heres anxiously awaiting.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol:

I hope they do something nice in the Omni/Herald area. It seems to be a sore spot, and the 395 Canyon doesn't really help either....

• 2 weeks later...

Hey they tore down that little multiplex inside the Omni mall in about 24 hrs!

I looked one day its closed off I look again its flat!

Now what?

Also, I hear the developer who bought the Herald land will be coming out with his "Master Plan" (I thought only evil geniouses have master plans lol) by next week.  Heres anxiously awaiting.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

anyone know when the masterplan will be released

Archived