MIAMI | Downtown, Brickell, Omni, Edgewater

bobliocatt

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

This has got to be one of the coolest things ever. "Edge Magazine" is a new periodical that just debuted in miami last week that focuses on new homes in the area. In the first issue, they did a spread on Met3. on this site, you can take a look at the mag and get a sample of the Met3 article(you can also click on "Free Issue" at the bottom to sign up for a freebee). Its got a real nice rendering in there too.

http://www.edge-miami.com/home.html

Yes, Development in the area near the Miami Arena and near Overtown will be a welcome sight. It will be an even greater addition to the skyline instead of all the newer high-rises being built on or near Biscyne/Brickell. It would be nice to see developers build affordable first and second level apartment living for a working class market.

Wow, I really hope it gets torn down. I know it's a piece of Miami "history" and all, but it's not really doing anything beneficial to the urban environment in its current state. And minor league teams just don't seem to be that captivating. I would hope that the 1600 apartments that get built there would be affordable, tasteful urban infill housing!

Same here. the arena is down the street from AA and is'nt used for anything beneficiary. it is taking up valuable space that could be used to bring more residents downtown, and create some more density. Good thing they are not talking about building condos either. since they are apartments that would mean that the residents would most likely be permenant and not snowbirds, hopefully helping to create a more pedestrian friendly neighborhood around them.

Archived