MIAMI | Downtown, Brickell, Omni, Edgewater

bobliocatt

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder what is currently on the Kubik site. If it's just a surface parking lot or some dumpy abandoned building, than I would have welcomed Kubik into my neighborhood, especially since it would have had shops. Maybe the residents were justified in getting this project cancelled, maybe they're just NIMBYs....

I wonder what is currently on the Kubik site. If it's just a surface parking lot or some dumpy abandoned building, than I would have welcomed Kubik into my neighborhood, especially since it would have had shops. Maybe the residents were justified in getting this project cancelled, maybe they're just NIMBYs....

Its mostly just vacant lots with a couple of small scale seedy old hotels frequented by prostitutes and drug dealers.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking on their site, I really like the 1550 Biscayne, seems pretty tall as well!

The Turnberry towers, any relation to the Turnberry towers in Las Vegas?

And is Absolut funding the project by their name (Absolut Lofts)?

Turnberry is a Miami (Aventura) based developer. They ventured into the LV market recently. Absolut (the vodka company) was unhappy about the name being used on the condo and I think they sued but the developer claimed it was a common way of spelling a common word or something like that (insert Lawyer-talk here).

This is a real cool web cam from 900 Biscayne. It allows you to see the progress on the upcoming "tower wall" as well as a nice shot of the PAC.

it also gives you an option of a "360 degree rotating panoramic view" of the city (which is more like a 180), as well as many still shots.

http://live6.truelook.com/face/newface.jsp...imagemap.h=3366

Archived