New Greenville developments

gs3

Some developments now have sites.

The Camperdown - Condos

Terrace at Riverplace - Condos

building 5 of Riverplace. Originaly was going to be apartments, now going to be condos. Starting at $300,000

Pendleton West- Mixed Use

Still underconsturction, but this is the address for when the site is done.

BTW, the Plaza @ Bergamo should start construction in May.

Edited by Brad Toy

Does anyone think downtown is ready for a new supermarket?  I know there is the Bi-Lo on North Main, but that store is aging and the location is suspect.  Downtown could really use a supermarket with an in-store pharmacy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They need to put a new supermarket on the northend of main st. The Bilo is old and needs to be redone. I will have to disagree with you about the location being suspect. Look at the new condos and revitalization of mcpherson park that is taking place. It wont be long before Towers east is vacated and turned into nice condo's. I really dont see the city of Greenville keeping that building occupied with goverment assisted patrons.

They need to put a new supermarket on the northend of main st.  The Bilo is old and needs to be redone.  I will have to disagree with you about the location being suspect.  Look at the new condos and revitalization of mcpherson park that is taking place.  It wont be long before Towers east is vacated and turned into nice condo's. I really dont see the city of Greenville keeping that building occupied with goverment assisted patrons.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. That area is no more suspect than anywhere else downtown.

I had heard that a market was looking at Riverplace.  Publix.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Publix opened a new store on Gervais Street in Columbia within the past year. It is smaller than their average stores, but it does have a downtown feel. If they do build one, hopefully it is slightly larger like Fairview Road's store.

Has Bi-Lo mentioned building a new store downtown?

The initial phase of Riverplace includes how many buildings?  5?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Originally there was three phases

Phase One: Riverplace (office), 155 E. Riverplace, Riverhouse, Hampton Inn

Phase Two: Terrace @ Riverplace & Three others

Phase Three: Large office on River St.

Then they decided to Include the The Terrace in Phase I so that they could close in the fountain.

But I recently read that Phase one would now be all eight buildings of phases one & two.

That is the way I understand it.

I read some information in the Greenville Journal about the Park Place condos on main street. The are scheduled to start building in September and it will be in the old Greenville Furniture store. Anyone know any links or webistes with floor plans or more info. on these million dollar condos?

This isn't really a NEW developement, but I found it to be exciting, since I happen to live in the Gower Estates area off Laurens Rd. Anyways, I read today in the Greenville Journal that Walmart may be "regreting the decision to leave Laurens Rd and is considering opening a store in the old Sam's Club and Goody's buildings... Also, there was news that the old Grand furniture store on Laurens may be turned into an auto dealership or something... It's great to see these empty big boxes filling up. I think that Old Time pottery's success has been a positive influence on this and I attribute a lot of it to the ICAR project and the other developements that are stemming from ICAR such as what is happening on the Hollingsworth property along Verdae Blvd... There is suppose to be an announcement of some sort on May 5th about the developement along Verdae- that should be interesting!

Another thing which was mention in this week's Greenville Journal was that the city plans to sell its share of the Woolworth building to a developer, who plans to obtain the remaining pieces and begin construction on a multi-story mixed-use structure sometime within two years. This will be great for that block of Main Street! :) The developer hopes to coincide the project with the other ones on the same block.

There is an article in today's Greenville News about two new projects in the Haynie-Sirrine neighborhood in downtown Greenville.

Haynie-Sirrine residents welcome upscale project.

One project is the Biltmore Oaks located just down Pearl Ave. from The Brio. 41 Townhomes ranging in price from $180,000- $380,000.

Biltmore Oaks Web Site

The other project is Heritage Crest, 56 Condos ranging from $75,000-$140,000. No mention if it will be a large building or mulitple buildings or townhouse style.

Nice to see new things happening in that area.

Anyone heard any news about the Brio.  It looked like it was going to be a great addition to that side of town but now the movement there seems to have stopped.  Anyone know what is going on there?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They are doing interior demo work, so it's not real visible. Demolition on the conference center in front will start this month. The roof will be coming off as well.

There was a million awsome things announced in The Greenville News and Greenville Journal today.

-14 story tower for Braod @ Main St.

-Federal Court house selection down to three sites, one being the Gateway Site

-The Carmike 7 at McCalister Square to reopen as a independent theater called the Camalot in time for Star Wars

-all the stuff planned for Hollingsworth Land

and more

-14 story tower for Braod @ Main St.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is pretty exciting. I noticed the following article at GreenvilleNews.com (GreenvilleOnline.com):

Downtown High Rises in the Works

I believe one of these is the Pinnacle on Main. I was wondering what the other is?

Definitely some exciting times in G'Ville! B)

There was a million awsome things announced in The Greenville News and Greenville Journal today.

-Federal Court house selection down to three sites, one being the Gateway Site

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Interesting. I great location for the courthouse IMO. Being next to the Gville County courthouse, that area could be a magnet for law offices, maybe a new office tower. That would also help fill the vacant space in the Liberty Square building.

What are the other two choices?