New Greenville developments

gs3

Pinnacle on Main will be located here:

North Main & East Elford

The other "14 Story" Tower is said to be on the corner of Main and Broad, but which corner?

Main and West Broad

OR

Main and East Broad

???

Main and East Broad is a Parking Lot at the moment, so it would make sense that it would be here.

Main and West Broad is fairly useless raised plaza where the old City Hall Building used to stand. I also thought that I had heard once that the old City Hall Building was going to be "re-born" on this same site in a modern form harkening back to the old structure. Not sure whatever became of that.

The Main @ Broad building will be where the parking lot is. Where the plaza is, is where the new City Hall will be located. I say new but it will be a reconstruction of the old one they tore down.

As for linking to images in Greenville County, GIS, it can not be done. What you need to do is tell it to print the image then right click and save the printer friendly version of the image, then you need to host that image somewhere and link to where you have it hosted.

I don't know about you all, but I'd gladly give up two of these 14 story buildings for a single 30+ story building about now. That's not to say I don't greatly appreciate the additions to Greenville's skyline, but I would love to see us get something of a magnificent icon in DT - something people will see from miles away and either be stunned by or just plain proud of. I know it's possible... ;)

Thank you, krazeeboi! Great to read such a story. :D

Another interesting thing regarding Greenville's Global exposure: United Airlines passengers will be reading about Greenville and especially the Greenville Symphony Orchestra in this month's onboard issue of UA news and spotlights. I don't recall the name of the publication, but every one of their planes have these for the passengers. This is excellent notoriety for one of the absolute best symphony orchestras and cities in the Country. They've been making leaps and bounds in the right direction every year since Edvard Tchivzhel became the music director and conductor. :thumbsup:

Also, there is an absolutely fabulous group of trombone players I heard on Saturday at Falls Park. They will be playing again on May 20, at Piazza Bergamo sometime in the evening. You should definitely plan on being there to hear them. I had a hard time believing they are actually from Greenville. It reminded me of being in New Orleans. :)

I heard some new information about the Pendleton West project that is to start soon. It seems that the townhomes that were to be built there have now changed to a set of condos instead. Not sure how may though.

Anyone heard any recent info about the Villagio Verde project. I am very interested to see if that project will come to life. I think that it would be a great entrance into downtown.

I heard some new information about the Pendleton West project that is to start soon.  It seems that the townhomes that were to be built there have now changed to a set of condos instead.  Not sure how may though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I talked with an agent of Quinn & Satterfield builders today, they are builing the single family portion of Pendleton West. Construction start of that part had to be pushed back. They decided they did not like the floor plans and exterior designs they had and decided to switch architects.

The land where the new baseball stadium is being built looks to be moving quite well.  There are large piles of dirt where the construction equipment is digging down to the field level.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like I need to take a detour and drive down into the West End to take some more photographs of the site :-)

I promise I'll post them or host them soon enough.

I look forward to seeing Verdae come alive. It will really help bring business back to Laurens Road.

Speaking of Laurens Road, there has been no supermarket on it for nealy five years when Bi-Lo closed its store, probably as a result of the widening project. The closest store nearby is Bi-Lo on Roper Mountain Road, which was bought from Harris Teeter in the summer of 2001. Being nearly three miles away, it is almost too far to get groceries. There are several sites that could be demolished/retrofitted for a new supermarket:

*Best Buy (will relocate at end of month)

*Service Merchandise (vacant for three or so years)

*Waccamaw Homeplace (Bi-Lo's former location, existing space and several adjoining spcaes could be demolished and rebuilt for a larger supermarket)