New Greenville developments

gs3

15 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

Well here's a refresher of the old TOFAB:

ToweratFallsandBroadUP.webp.b4e4f84db46e01eee70b37f7a1d1adde.webp

Was slated to be a new state tallest at 350'. Curious about the hotel concept; do we really need another one right now?

Well, as stated, there was no timeline or expectation given. This could be a 10 year plan for their site. Who knows, but happy to know that they’re open to higher use on that corner. 

Edited by GvilleSC

On 6/20/2005 at 2:52 PM, g-man430 said:

http://www.thetoweratfallsandbroad.com/thetower.php,

The Tower at Falls & Broad will be rising soon from the site of Mr. Bill Bouharoun

On 9/14/2005 at 11:09 PM, btoy said:

I heard some good news today about the Tower of Falls and Broad. They have apparently contracted with a Hotel to use 7 of the floors.

Also, as for the redesign, they are getting rid of some of the terraces, when you are that high up it is too windy to use them that often and so they are going to have less of them.

These are two posts from the Highrise Index thread about the TOFAB from way back. It looks like the same owners of the site and here was a plan for a hotel even back then. I guess the residential portion of the idea has been scraped and they are now just envisioning a hotel only? Too bad they can't resurrect the idea; I mean Greenville is in more need of residential now that it was back then and it may have a better chance now; with  possible economic changes in the country aside.

6 hours ago, GvilleSC said:

According to the mayor: 

• The Bouharoun family has a concept for a hotel on their property at the corner of Broad & Falls. The liquor store would remain and be integrated into the development. No word on if or when it would be built. It's at least nice to know that they're think of higher uses for their site. 
  • Apparently the ownership of the land adjacent to the UCB parking lot is finally open to selling the land. It seemed that they're working on a deal with the bank to acquire that property. Anything on the site would be mixed use. 
  • And, as expected, County Square will be home to first-in-SC retail establishments. Announcements are forthcoming. 

I know of at least six tenants for County Square that have signed on that haven’t been announced yet. Two of them are new to South Carolina and they’re both restaurants. 

4 hours ago, gman430 said:

I know of at least six tenants for County Square that have signed on that haven’t been announced yet. Two of them are new to South Carolina and they’re both restaurants. 

Shake Shack??😜

We're also due for a salad restaurant.. maybe sweetgreen or chopt?

Edited by NewlyUpstate

30 minutes ago, NewlyUpstate said:

Shake Shack??😜

We're also due for a salad restaurant.. maybe sweetgreen or chopt?

I will say Shake Shack is not one of the six I have on my list. These are more higher end sit down restaurants located only in large metro areas throughout the country. Think of something along the lines of Yard House or Ruth’s Chris.

Also, two of the six tenants on my list are national retailers that you all will be very happy with. They fit in very well with current downtown national retailers like Anthropologie, Warby Parker, and Lululemon.

Edited by gman430
  • Like 2

On 10/13/2023 at 7:35 PM, gman430 said:

I will say Shake Shack is not one of the six I have on my list. These are more higher end sit down restaurants located only in large metro areas throughout the country. Think of something along the lines of Yard House or Ruth’s Chris.

Also, two of the six tenants on my list are national retailers that you all will be very happy with. They fit in very well with current downtown national retailers like Anthropologie, Warby Parker, and Lululemon.

Along those lines I wouldn't mind seeing a Fleming's Prime Steakhouse, Maggianos Little Italy, or Seasons 52.   Also, are any of the tenants re-entry's into the market?

18 hours ago, greenvilleguy said:

Along those lines I wouldn't mind seeing a Fleming's Prime Steakhouse, Maggianos Little Italy, or Seasons 52.   Also, are any of the tenants re-entry's into the market?

In terms of being hot or cold, let’s just say somebody better grab the fire extinguisher because you are on fire. That’s all I can say. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, GvilleSC said:

Their past experience doesn’t make me exited. 

Doesn’t matter. Won’t get built anyways. Throw it on the pile. My failed developments graveyard on the Gateway site now has a waiting list. :D 

Edited by gman430

Didn't see this mentioned previously, but city council is working to pass an adjustment to the code of ordinances that requires that boards need a 2/3 majority instead of a simple majority to overrule recommend denials by City Staff.  

Believe this passed first reading yesterday.  Gotta imagine this has Shannon Lavrin's fingerprints all over it. I think it's a great change.

Edited by NewlyUpstate

1 hour ago, NewlyUpstate said:

Didn't see this mentioned previously, but city council is working to pass an adjustment to the code of ordinances that requires that boards need a 2/3 majority instead of a simple majority to overrule recommend denials by City Staff.  

Believe this passed first reading yesterday.  Gotta imagine this has Shannon Lavrin's fingerprints all over it. I think it's a great change.

Just more red tape that will continue to hurt economic development. Yay. And you all wonder why we have no tower cranes downtown.

1 hour ago, NewlyUpstate said:

It's been in the works for awhile and driven by council members I believe. It won't lengthen the approval process but it could mean fewer projects get approved. It also makes staff approval more important than before.  Time will tell if it will have a big impact.   

3 hours ago, btoy said:

Why would we want to give more power to unelected bureaucrats? 

DRB, BZA and Planning Commission  members aren't elected either, although they are APPOINTED by elected officials.  PC decisions do go to council though. 

That said, I am not sure I like this at all myself.  

• 2 months later...