Trademark

49er

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Furman's contractors have taken firm advantage of the warm weather during autumn and winter. So far his model of "just get going" seems to be paying off.

Nature is not fair. Some of the other builders may end up wishing they'd started earlier.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

what kinds of retail are going to come with Trademark? More resturants?

We don't even know what retail is going in the base of Courtside, and it is now completed. I think they won't have a clue for Trademark for quite a long time.

We don't even know what retail is going in the base of Courtside, and it is now completed. I think they won't have a clue for Trademark for quite a long time.

I saw a sales sheet for the commercial spaces at Trademark several months ago and all 3 commercial spaces were listed as sold.....I have no idea to who or if that info was in fact current, but I'm going to say at least 2 of 3 will be for restaurants.

Church street does not get much foot traffic compared to Tryon or College. I suspect restaurants one more street over, will feel kind of "removed" from the streetlife. The retail here might be more along the lines of merchandise, sundries, or an athletic club or something.

But I may not be factoring in the residents of the tower itself, well enough. Is 20 something stories, enough to support a couple of restaurants?

The retail is really on Trade, which gets a decent and increasing amount of foot traffic. Also, this is right next to Morton's, so I'm sure there are a decent number people that head to West Trade area for food as a destination. That will probably be more true as Johnson & Wales continues to apply influence over the area.

This is quite simple to me actually. They need to put a breakfast place in the retail/commercial portion of TradeMark.

Johnson and Wales kids need to eat as well. Something similar to the Original Pancake House in Dilworth that is ridiculously crowded all weekend. Worst case scenario, a bagel place with coffee (Einstein, Great American Bagel, etc.)

Starbucks not needed

This is quite simple to me actually. They need to put a breakfast place in the retail/commercial portion of TradeMark.

Johnson and Wales kids need to eat as well. Something similar to the Original Pancake House in Dilworth that is ridiculously crowded all weekend. Worst case scenario, a bagel place with coffee (Einstein, Great American Bagel, etc.)

Starbucks not needed

But there isn't a Starbucks for at least two blocks in any direction... :lol:

Archived