Trademark

49er

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Per engineering plans submitted to the city, Trademark will be 334' or 101 meters. That would make it the 11th tallest building if it was completed today.

Carillon is 394', so Trademark looks like it will top out a little above where the structure becomes narrow for the top couple of floors.

Per engineering plans submitted to the city, Trademark will be 334' or 101 meters. That would make it the 11th tallest building if it was completed today.

Carillon is 394', so Trademark looks like it will top out a little above where the structure becomes narrow for the top couple of floors.

Basically is will be a little taller than the Arlington. That is not bad, but I wanted a bit more. I am greedy though.

It will be equal in height to this the 545 N Tryon Bldg

525_North_Tryon.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I drove by today, and they are already pouring concrete above ground. There were about 4 or 5 pillars built up with concrete over rebar and a few more with the wooden forms constructed around them where concrete is either already poured, or is being poured soon.

Incidentally, there are the same number of pillars built up above ground at Avenue's site.

The back of Trademark will look like this. It is still a bit dull, but not as bad as the back of Courtside. It has the curved section, and many more large windows, rather than the tiny windows on the back of Courtside. Condo's on Trademark actually face out the back, unlike Courtside.

Not only does Trademark's back look better than Courtside's, but Trademark actually has many sites, including one on its own block, that are likely to become other highrises. That will help reduce any aesthetic issues for the views from the park and the stadium.

post-670-1134237616_thumb.jpg

post-670-1134237616_thumb.jpg

Is that a second tower crane going up at the trademark site? There's no boom at the top yet but it looks like another smaller and thinner crane is going up closer to the backside of the lot, near the parking lot.

Yes it is the birth of another tower crane.

It is only one of many that will litter our wonderful skyline. Right now I think there are seven tower cranes up around 277 in the CBD and the perimeter. One off of Morehead (office). Two for the Hospital. Two for Trademark. One for Avenue. One for 230 S Tryon.

Once all of our projects are going on simultaneously there will be over 20 cranes going at once.

A2

(pretty sweet if you ask me)

I guess they needed a second crane to build the parking deck structure, without interfering with the building of the rest of the residential tower.

that's what I was thinking as well D. I would not be shocked if we have two cranes at the Epicenter site within the next month or so. With the South Tryon project we should have three cranes going at once. Man I can't wait !

A2

Archived