Trademark

49er

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's really incredible to watch the stream of people that march up Trade Street from Gateway Vilage in the AM (and back in the PM). It's quite a little rush hour. I think anything breakfast-oriented would do fine there. I'd love to see a neighborhood coffee shop, but I wouldn't mind a Starbucks. That company is a bellwether for urban neighborhoods, and they're a good corporate citizen.

I though retail was just the first floor, and the next 4 or 5 floors was commercial/office. Although that commercial space might be taken up by dentists and that type, I don't think we'd see anything like a restaurant or store anywhere but the ground.

Restaurant/bars do seem like the most likely for the ground space, though.

They have scaled back the commercial plans.

Retail on the first floor only....3 spaces, all have been sold.

Office on the 2nd and 3rd floors....I believe that has all been sold as well.

The rest will now be residential (floors 4,5,6 were originally commercial but converted due to higher demand and better price per square foot for residential) which upped the total number of units to 202.

The most recent info I have is from November when they had sold 152....I'm sure that has gone up.

I guess the retail space hasn't actually "sold", so there is no public record....it is all under contract, or was last time I saw the commercial floor plans.

That is worlds better than Courtside. Courtside had a large percentage of the back with no windows, or only very small windows. It was just a large eifs wall. This at least has a lot more condos facing out the back, so there are large windows and balconies there.

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=23832

It looks like Trademark only has one more level to go until it tops out on the parking deck. The amenties level is on the 7th floor of the tower building. They are pouring the 7th floor now on the tower, and are only one floor shorter on the parking deck building. I guess we'll see the second crane come down within the month, unless I'm missing something and they will use the second crane for the main tower, too.

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=23832

It looks like Trademark only has one more level to go until it tops out on the parking deck. The amenties level is on the 7th floor of the tower building. They are pouring the 7th floor now on the tower, and are only one floor shorter on the parking deck building. I guess we'll see the second crane come down within the month, unless I'm missing something and they will use the second crane for the main tower, too.

Talked to crane operator a month or so ago and he expected second crane to move over to the Wachovia project once parking deck was complete

I have been getting the impression over time, that of the uptown developers, Furman & Blvd Centro is the most firmly business minded. They set attainable targets, gets the pieces lined up, complete & repeat.

It's more "lets see how much we can get done" versus "lets see how high or upscale we can go". This probably also factors into which contractors bids he will take up.

Archived