Drinking Beer in Charlotte

ah59396

5 minutes ago, kermit said:

This created more questions than answers for me:

Wooden Robot Gastropub is on the way (sounds like seating and a kitchen for Twisted Eats): http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/whats-in-store/article176099401.html

My questions are:

Where?

Wooden Robot is located on S Tryon St. ???????????

Its the back suite within 1440 S. Tryon.

I'll see if I can find out exactly where they are expanding into.

Edited by Guest

CBJ sez that Unknown is adding a "micro-distillery in 2018." (I am dubious given their history).

The article also says that they will revamp their taproom space (no more green floors!) and add a rooftop bar.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2017/10/04/distillery-renovations-on-tap-for-this-south-end.html?ana=e_ae_set1&s=scroll&ed=2017-10-04&u=jDmEk%2BCKbYnAvaVfOFOlFGXcGSC&t=1507145220&j=78932581

• 2 weeks later...

Not exactly beer, but Bold Rock hard cider is considering locating a production cidery in Charlotte.  They are the 6th largest craft cidery in the Nation, so having them in the city would further establish Charlotte as a great drinking town.  Having said that I am not going to get my hopes up for a major production facility (capacity greater than 100,000 bbl per year).

^ Sorry, I tried to swing past NoDa on Thursday for some SWW but life intervened (my apologies)

Different topic: It appears build your own six pack at the two teeters I frequent has come to an end. Just as well, I was pretty underwhelmed with the choices for the past few months.

13 hours ago, kermit said:

^ Sorry, I tried to swing past NoDa on Thursday for some SWW but life intervened (my apologies)

Different topic: It appears build your own six pack at the two teeters I frequent has come to an end. Just as well, I was pretty underwhelmed with the choices for the past few months.

Pete King gives a shout out to Blue Blaze.

IMG_8146.jpeg

12 hours ago, elrodvt said:

That does look fantastic. Somehow this slipped by me. How do folks like their beer?

Victory makes some amazing beers across a  wide variety of styles.  I've been to their brewpub in PA a few times and they offer a lot of one-off's in the taproom.  Southern  Tier isn't my favorite but they do make some quality beers with a lot of seasonals that are wildly popular.   They will be a welcome addition to the city. 

• Like 2

^Ah that reminds me. When we were looking at where to move we checked out the northern liberties in Philly and went to standard tap. Had some Victory offerings there which were good. I liked that area but my wife said she would never leave the house when I was travelling. I bet that has all changed now.

Any news on Fatheads opening in Charlotte. There was an announcement last year about them looking for a location with plans to open in 2018 but I haven't seen anything recently.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

I️ heard they were going to be the retail tenant for a Lat Purser retail project in Southend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk