Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

I came across this article by accident and thought others might be interested in reading. I’m sure things in LA aren’t as bad as portrayed in the article, but Nashville is mentioned prominently as being an alternative to LA/Hollywood for many of the entertainment industry heavyweights.  I do think there is a heavy dose of reality in the article even pre-COVID, and I’m sure things are worse to some degree now. Regardless of how significant the actual pipeline from LA to Nashville is, it does get Nashville’s name in front of people across the pond. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8631063/Hollywood-Apocalypse-rich-famous-fleeing-droves.html

Edited by Hey_Hey
  • Like 2

Sports talk radio has announced that Nashville will be getting a cup race for NASCAR. It’s a four year deal but they say that the major race is here for the long haul. They’re going to race it at the track right outside of town. Not a nascar fan but glad to see we are back in the major leagues in terms of car racing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, subkyle said:

Sports talk radio has announced that Nashville will be getting a cup race for NASCAR. It’s a four year deal but they say that the major race is here for the long haul. They’re going to race it at the track right outside of town. Not a nascar fan but glad to see we are back in the major leagues in terms of car racing.

We knew about Dover bringing one of their races to Nashville SuperSpeedway in 2021 (it was announced a few weeks ago)...but good to see it's at least a 4 year deal.  I think SMI is still trying to figure out how to get NASCAR racing back at the Fairgrounds as well (which I have to doubt we'd have Cup series racing at both places).

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I had heard there was talk of a Grand Prix type of race like is in Austin, but gaud that will be a disaster from the get go.

Now I could get into some Formula 1.  I binge watched the series on Netflix and Cote d'Azur is pretty high on my travel list if we can ever get out of here.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Strange there's so much racing stuff swirling around Nashville right now...after so many years with nothing.  NASCAR at the Superspeedway.  Upgrade possibly at Fairgrounds.  Potential "racing community" in Rutherford / Williamson County.  Indy Car in Nashville.

• Like 2