Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

16 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

Is the airport working on some of it's runways, there have been a lot of plans flying over South Nashville this week which rarely happens?

I don't know why, but they have really been pumping out planes on the 13-31 crosswind runway for 2 weeks now. Maybe just load balancing. I haven't heard anything about it 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, LA_TN said:

I don't know why, but they have really been pumping out planes on the 13-31 crosswind runway for 2 weeks now. Maybe just load balancing. I haven't heard anything about it 

I have noticed this as well. 

I take morning walks at Lee Victory Park in Smyrna, right across from the Smyrna Airport, and I have noticed a steady stream of air traffic headed right over the airport (Smyrna's long runway almost lines up with 13-31). It made sense on Wednesday, because there was a pretty steady wind out of the northwest...but it's been happening before that, obviously.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2019 at 1:49 AM, titanhog said:

I don't know.  I was on a trip in Germany and listened to a band named "Bucksnort" :shades:

(yeah...I lie :D)

There *is* however an actual song by the Dutch band Trailer Trash Tremblers entitled "Bucksnort Tennessee." :tw_smile:

Edited by AsianintheNations
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, downtownresident said:

This show is currently filming around downtown, as season 2 will be set in Nashville. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tvline.com/2019/10/03/tell-me-a-story-season-2-trailer-beauty-and-the-beast-video/amp/

Looks like it premiers December 5th. 

I saw a truck pulling a trailer with a car on it today and film or video  cameras on the truck and trailer filming someone in the car as if they were driving. That was on the KVB roundabout and KVB Blvd. Cool.

• Like 3

On 10/21/2019 at 1:25 AM, BnaBreaker said:

This is completely random, but something I stumbled upon this evening and found interesting.  Apparently there is a very popular band in Brazil called Nechivile that was known as Nashville for the first decade or so of it's existence, and many people still call them that... so I mean, you wanna talk about being a global brand... I'm gonna go out on a limb and bet there aren't any bands i Brazil named "Raleigh" or "Austin!"  haha :)

I'll throw in Danish band Funky Nashville who has actually recorded in Nashville.  Their Hitch A Ride is fun Highway Music.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, markhollin said:

Some screenshots from the trailer for the 10 episode "Tell Me a Story" season to series (modern retellings of fairy tales) filmed primarily in Nashville, debuting Dec. 5th on CBS:

Here's a link to the trailer: https://www.cbs.com/shows/tell-me-a-story/video/FD0620BB-C0B2-799F-20E3-8DEF51738945/tell-me-a-story-season-2-official-trailer/

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PHofKS said:

I had a bluegrass banjo player from Switzerland put down a Home Depot tile floor in my kitchen some years ago.

How's that for a totally random 'Only in Nashville'  moment?

Or a school bus driver who also has a Grammy.  Only in Nashville (well, Wilson County).

https://www.tennessean.com/story/entertainment/2016/02/22/school-bus-driver-joe-thompson-grammy/80564506/

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Where are the people moving to Nashville coming from mostly other Tennessee metro areas at least the biggest numbers.  

https://www.commercialcafe.com/blog/metro-to-metro-migration-metro-areas-winning/

Very interesting.  You'll notice how small the numbers are for Nashville's "top migrating cities" and that probably means Nashville's numbers are  spread out amongst a lot of different cities.  I think that would signify a healthy influx of diverse locations...but maybe I'm overthinking it.

Also...interesting that Charlotte's #1 contributor is NYC.  I think those New Yorkers love to stay within that I-95 corridor...all the way from Miami back up to NYC.

Edited by titanhog
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Very interesting.  You'll notice how small the numbers are for Nashville's "top migrating cities" and that probably means Nashville's numbers are  spread out amongst a lot of different cities.  I think that would signify a healthy influx of diverse locations...but maybe I'm overthinking it.

You're right.  If you scroll down to the bottom of the article there's an interactive map which shows the top metros that contribute to Nashville's (and other metros') in-migration.  Nashville's in-migration is definitely from a broad range of places:

image.png.24945a0c332049b9c7e9ae5737d04fc9.png

Compare this to, say, Charlotte:

image.png.525416d0d1ecf97776b99cfec28db934.png

Orlando:

image.png.d9717ef0f949d69b12c8b2b4427ff9a1.png

Austin:

image.png.3a70f719523ad6834d80ee3c33955348.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Also...interesting that Charlotte's #1 contributor is NYC.  I think those New Yorkers love to stay within that I-95 corridor...all the way from Miami back up to NYC.

Yep... the New Yawkaz are really ruining Charlotte. Was there last month. My driver was shot the bird seven times. And she was the one following the law. I said, I've never been gestured that way anywhere outside of NYC. She said, "it happens at least a few times each day." The same vibe I get in south Florida. And guess which Interstate goes there?  I truly loved the Charlotte I knew 20 years ago. Even strongly considered moving there with a  firm based there.  I guess it's inevitable that will happen to Nashville but hopefully it will take more than 20 years. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Yep... the New Yawkaz are really ruining Charlotte. Was there last month. My driver was shot the bird seven times. And she was the one following the law. I said, I've never been gestured that way anywhere outside of NYC. She said, "it happens at least a few times each day." The same vibe I get in south Florida. And guess which Interstate goes there?  I truly loved the Charlotte I knew 20 years ago. Even strongly considered moving there with a  firm based there.  I guess it's inevitable that will happen to Nashville but hopefully it will take more than 20 years. 

Yeah...all you need to know about NY drivers is to be there when it snows and a lot of the cars have an extra "bumper" guard on the back because people actually bump your car if you don't get out of the way.  I was shocked when I saw that.  Definitely ups the frustration level. :tw_grimace:

You guys notice it says part of the driving force of people moving here is our "excellent transportation system?" 

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2