Scaleybark Station Area Projects

kermit

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, DMann said:

I would like to see a residential Hi Rise, 15-20 stories on the corner.  The views of downtown would be awsome!  

I would much prefer something along the lines of that San Antonio building than a high rise, for aesthetics and fitting with the ambiance of that area.  An attractive highrise building can make a community feel unattractive if it's misplaced.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

New project that I'm not familiar with and haven't seen any press on.  Submitted land-use plan approval today.

Developer is Akridge (out of D.C. who is doing projects in South End and Montford)

Project name is South & Hollis located at 3441 South (site of that tragic "arcade") and across South from the new townhomes at Scaleybark Station.

Will be 310 units and 9000 sq ft of ground floor retail.

Rendering.

hollis.jpg

Nice, any idea on a start date? Does it have retail on the ground? 

On 7/16/2021 at 2:37 PM, SouthEndCLT811 said:

From one of our own

image.png.9e563f57e24b85a3b228402d1230b9c1.png

Any Idea on the platform start date?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

More renderings of LoSo Village via Jason Thomas on Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSotB0Fg1mR/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I'd take something like that in Uptown, frankly.  These assumptions that uptown needs massive or soaring structures that look great to suburbanites on I-77/277/74 is misguided.  Activate with single-story but pedestrian-engaging structures, and you'll get a totally transformed vibe on the streets of various forlorn pockets of uptown.

Confused by where exactly this is though.  Is this on the Carvana side of South Blvd, or no?

Edited by RANYC

9 minutes ago, RANYC said:

I'd take something like that in Uptown, frankly.  These assumptions that uptown needs massive or soaring structures that look great to suburbanites on I-77/277/74 is misguided.  Activate with single-story but pedestrian-engaging structures, and you'll get a totally transformed vibe on the streets of various forlorn pockets of uptown.

Confused by where exactly this is though.  Is this on the Carvana side of South Blvd, or no?

Found the answers:

3521, 3531 and 3541 Dewitt Lane

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, KJHburg said:

In other non Don't Turn Plaza Midwood into Southend news there is this:  Beacon getting ready to start 2 of the smaller office buildings at LoSo station in front of the Novel Loso apartments.

Beacon Partners to start on first office buildings at lower South End project this fall - Charlotte Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

""Beacon Partners said it expects to complete the two five-story office buildings, called Station 3 and Station 4, on its lower South End campus in the fall of 2022. Station 3 and Station 4 will have a total of 190,000 square feet, with office suites ranging from 5,000 to 90,000 square feet. The buildings will have open-air lobbies, operable windows, a tenant-dedicated fitness center, conference or training rooms, bike storage and private outdoor patios with views of the city.""

Station #3 at LoSo 3800 South Boulevard | Charlotte | Beacon Partners (beacondevelopment.com)

Use

I would take buildings this size in the Brevard Street area of Uptown that was once considered for conversion into an entertainment corridor.  Anything but those seemingly eternal un-landscaped parking lots right in the city core.

Edited by RANYC
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2021 at 8:55 AM, SouthendSnoop said:

Updates/Comments that I have about the area. 

1. I’ve heard word from Gilde that they should now be open by the end of the year. 

2. The entertainment district that’s supposed to be across from gilde, and projected to open by spring of 2022 hasn't even started yet. 

3. The Ryan townhomes on Tryclan drive are moving full steam ahead and should be reaching close to completion by the end of next summer. Ryan has built a lot of townhomes around southend, and I’ll say these are probably in the worst location (right next to a busy road, and across from a family dollar that sees arrests, drug deals, and just general loitering everyday). I think in 5 years, this area will be unrecognizable though. 

4. The Profitt Dixon apartment lot next to the Ryan townhomes seems to be pretty much demolished. I could see actual construction starting to occur in the next 30-45 days. 

5. Novel loso is projected to be fully done by late October/early December which is the same time frame that those offices will start so that area will be in a perpetual state of construction for the next 1.5 years if I had to guess. 

Any update on the project formerly known as the Dan Ryan townhomes now known as LoSo Walk at the corner of Freeland and Tryon?   As mentioned earlier, they have been scrubbed from the Dan Ryan website.  For Rent signs are up for the units already completed along Freeland.  Are they just going to be rental townhomes?