Scaleybark Station Area Projects

kermit

12 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Thanks for the info, hadn't seen this and I assumed it was this old proposal still

http://dasarchitecture.com/2017/04/26/another-boutique-officeretail-project-planned-for-south-end/

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

On another note, we really need that Lidl.. With this complex, Novel LoSo Station, all the townhomes, the Artistry,  the old rugby center apartments, the future apartments from the San Antonio company on Zack's site..  We've reached critical mass that I shudder to think is all going to flood into an already crowded Sedgefield HT and Publix

Publix and HT are constantly crowded. I frequently have trouble finding parking at the South HT

51 minutes ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

On another note, we really need that Lidl.. With this complex, Novel LoSo Station, all the townhomes, the Artistry,  the old rugby center apartments, the future apartments from the San Antonio company on Zack's site..  We've reached critical mass that I shudder to think is all going to flood into an already crowded Sedgefield HT and Publix

I would love to see the burlington/home depot shopping center (South Blvd/Woodlawn) redeveloped with a grocery store and seamless connection to the woodlawn lightrail station. 

Edited by hambone931
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CLT2014 said:

Maybe people will start walking to the grocery store if the parking situation can become dire enough. South End should have more people walking for errands, but instead seems like residents jump in their Jeep Wrangler or Toyota 4Runner, exit their luxury complex garage, and shop / run errands no different than suburbanites by driving to places like the grocery. 

I walk to Publix frequently, but I have a family of 4. Carrying 200$ worth of Groceries isn't always the best option. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, hambone931 said:

I would love to see the burlington/home depot shopping center (South Blvd/Woodlawn) redeveloped with a grocery store and seamless connection to the woodlawn lightrail station. 

Agreed that Burlington always seems so empty product wise, not even just foot traffic.  The Burlington spot could be perfect, just don't touch that TJ Maxx or my wife will riot lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stang_esq said:

Thanks!  I'm right in the middle of things in Loso, with Loso Station right out my front door and Loso Village just next-door.  Very exciting time to be here.  It's been fun lurking and seeing what you all have to say.

Welcome to the site @stang_esq and look forward to some postings in the LoSo area and any areas of this growing metro as a matter of fact!:tw_grin:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Prodev said:

The two in front of the apartments are starting. Could be construction staging area they're setting up if it's on the larger parcel to the south. 

Ah that's probably it.  Novel still has their staging materials behind the old Franko Auto.  This is probably for the known offices.  I just saw it quickly today but it looks to be South Blvd facing and outlines the perimeter of the park and ride lot

Edited by SouthEndCLT811

On 8/3/2021 at 4:30 PM, atlrvr said:

New project that I'm not familiar with and haven't seen any press on.  Submitted land-use plan approval today.

Developer is Akridge (out of D.C. who is doing projects in South End and Montford)

Project name is South & Hollis located at 3441 South (site of that tragic "arcade") and across South from the new townhomes at Scaleybark Station.

Will be 310 units and 9000 sq ft of ground floor retail.

Rendering.

hollis.jpg

Looks great.. they just flattened the tragic looking old buildings on 3 adjacent lots.. great to see development in that area finally!

On 12/15/2021 at 8:30 PM, atlrvr said:

Yes.  I believe this is Akridge, but there is  another apartment proposal within a block of here and I might have them backwards.

Where is this apartment proposal more exactly? A block away from South blvd and Hollis, on the same side of South blvd? Toward/ the future Lidl or opposite direction?

I'm just glad to finally see development on that side of South.  The only improvements on the east side of the street south of The Waterman has been Carvana and it has looked so unbalanced for a while.  Now we have phase two of Sedgefield, this replacing the arcade, and hopefully the Zack's apartments gets going soon.