Downtown South (Sunrail/Amtrak, SODO, Orlando Health, Lymmo, Orange/Michigan Avenues)

SuperMan11MS

On 2/18/2022 at 11:05 PM, nite owℓ said:

I saw a guy buying like 15-20 gallons of whole milk and other ingredients at WNM in Sodo a few months ago. A few of us were peppering him with questions about what they were for and he said he would be opening a House of Mac in Orlando soon...and pointed to his t-shirt. I had never heard of them & didn't realize they were well known. He was a slim guy, but I think the owner is a bigger guy from Miami.

WNM?

• 3 weeks later...

This site never disappoints! My husband and I were going up Orange Ave today from Michigan and at first he thought Pulse had been knocked down (I was driving and wasn't gawking). My first thought was to come to this thread and see if I could find anything. Thanks!

I agree with the crap-tacular assessment! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

wow.  I just noticed that this building has a shorter lobby level than the EA building.   I don't know if those columns are even 8' tall with that drop down soffit thingy overhead.

Well, you can see a couple of what appear to be doorways along the front....

32471ada8255497c879209fe6e2cd8df_1306x73

Given that the minimum height for doorways is 6'-8", comparatively it looks like the bottom of that beam is a good 8' high. Possibly more.  

• 2 weeks later...

Oak Specimen Amazing.   Save. Preserve. Embrace.   Call to action. Everyone on here.  Seriously.

Just now, jgardnerucf said:

Oak Specimen Amazing.   Save. Preserve. Embrace.   Call to action. Everyone on here.  Seriously.

20220327_033450.jpg

20220327_032721.jpg

I'll chain myself right now.  When, Raising Cains, goes in next door.  F THAT.  CMON, up, we Need to to save The Tree!!!.  Seriously.

• Like 3

Hey, everyone. Seriously. This is serious.  BK is cool, contact, them.  we need to Preserve this OAK!    Seriously.  Build a little preservation around it, so beautiful.  CALL TO ACTION! 

Hey, everyone. Seriously. This is serious.  BK is cool, contact, them.  we need to Preserve this OAK!    Seriously.  Build a little preservation around it, so beautiful.  CALL TO ACTION! 

20220327_033450.jpg

1 hour ago, jgardnerucf said:

20220327_033450.jpg

Contact BK?  Im not even certain they know they have a reataurant there based on the random hours and condition of the store.  Why not go direct to the city?

That parcel was miami bk?  But sold off no?     Raising kane's is next door?   So.  Something has to be done.  That oak is top 12 specimens in orange county.   Go ahead and start the UP tree preachin, it's the only thing I can do.   At least I'll post here when I chain myself, like I wish I did to the damn tree by labelle furs.     Fur is murder! Tree is murder!               Gheeze.  See y'all at the USMNT match.         In the words of a fellow avian... cheers.

Sorry I posted a lot.     Too many vitamins from Grand Rapids.

Im not saying “dont save it” - but making sure the city doesnt allow a site plan for RC or a permit to remove tree for BK (im not sure where the line is) should be the place to go.  

If the city is ok with them doing it, good luck stopping either out of state owner 

Wait.  That tree is wholly on BK's property.  Why would it come down?  RC owns next door and their site plan should be clear of it no?  BK has that half of the lot closed off except for the dumpster.  They don't even maintain the lot so I'm unsure why they need to take the tree down.

Ok after some research, that property has a weird past.  Doesn't appear to ever be owned by BK but maybe the lot was leased (since it appears to be used by BK at some point) and then basically became a land dispute for the last 10 years or so with the property owner severing access to various parts of the property.

Edited by codypet

48 minutes ago, codypet said:

Wait.  That tree is wholly on BK's property.  Why would it come down?  RC owns next door and their site plan should be clear of it no?  BK has that half of the lot closed off except for the dumpster.  They don't even maintain the lot so I'm unsure why they need to take the tree down.

Ok after some research, that property has a weird past.  Doesn't appear to ever be owned by BK but maybe the lot was leased (since it appears to be used by BK at some point) and then basically became a land dispute for the last 10 years or so with the property owner severing access to various parts of the property.

Is this Caruso property?